I'm not absolutely sure how to explain all this,so bare with me.

I'm on a XP Home SP2 stand alone, with 33.2 GB free space,
out of 37.2 GB ,which I believe has not much to do with
the memory I have,which is close to nothing,I think.

I have very few programs,hence the free space,and when I download
a program from a disk,it shows me 3 octagonal icons,where
1 ,the first ,has a folder which will show the vertical snake going
up&down,indicating
the download ,and the other 2 have what looks like a drive,or a picture of it.

Well the third one to the right has a sign in the middle that says "low".
and the vertical snake has a deep purple color.

Can anyone explain this whole thing to me,and whether I need to upload
more stuff,get more memory,or how to improve on my memo ?

Oh and when I defrag, all the stuff is on the left hand side,well I have stuff
way over on the right hand side too,if this means anything..
After defragging it seems ok,and all is on the left..

I hope all this makes sense,and thanks for any help or info.

How much RAM do you have in your system...? Not hard drive space.

"worried" <worried@helloall.us.vets> wrote in message
> I'm not absolutely sure how to explain all this,so bare with me.
>
> I'm on a XP Home SP2 stand alone, with 33.2 GB free space,
> out of 37.2 GB ,which I believe has not much to do with
> the memory I have,which is close to nothing,I think.
>
> I have very few programs,hence the free space,and when I download
> a program from a disk,it shows me 3 octagonal icons,where
> 1 ,the first ,has a folder which will show the vertical snake going
> up&down,indicating
> the download ,and the other 2 have what looks like a drive,or a picture of
it.

> Well the third one to the right has a sign in the middle that says "low".
> and the vertical snake has a deep purple color.
>
> Can anyone explain this whole thing to me,and whether I need to upload
> more stuff,get more memory,or how to improve on my memo ?
>
> Oh and when I defrag, all the stuff is on the left hand side,well I have
stuff
> way over on the right hand side too,if this means anything..
> After defragging it seems ok,and all is on the left..
>
> I hope all this makes sense,and thanks for any help or info.

I have 256 MB of RAM.

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> How much RAM do you have in your system...? Not hard drive space.
>
> "worried" <worried@helloall.us.vets> wrote in message
> > I'm not absolutely sure how to explain all this,so bare with me.
> >
> > I'm on a XP Home SP2 stand alone, with 33.2 GB free space,
> > out of 37.2 GB ,which I believe has not much to do with
> > the memory I have,which is close to nothing,I think.
> >
> > I have very few programs,hence the free space,and when I download
> > a program from a disk,it shows me 3 octagonal icons,where
> > 1 ,the first ,has a folder which will show the vertical snake going
> > up&down,indicating
> > the download ,and the other 2 have what looks like a drive,or a picture of
> it.
> >
> > Well the third one to the right has a sign in the middle that says "low".
> > and the vertical snake has a deep purple color.
> >
> > Can anyone explain this whole thing to me,and whether I need to upload
> > more stuff,get more memory,or how to improve on my memo ?
> >
> > Oh and when I defrag, all the stuff is on the left hand side,well I have
> stuff
> > way over on the right hand side too,if this means anything..
> > After defragging it seems ok,and all is on the left..
> >
> > I hope all this makes sense,and thanks for any help or info.

TRENDING THREADS