Uninstalling programs

I'm running Windows XP. I'm unable to uninstall any programs as I appear to
have a "dead" link to access the "Add or Remove Programs" from the Control
Panel.
I've attempted fixing this by downloading a program called PC MightyMax, but
this has had no effect.
Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstalling programs

    Clicking "Add/Remove Windows Components" causes an error and does not launch
    the program
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/arpwc.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:2E739BE1-1823-48F6-9CB6-7B1754B411D1@microsoft.com,
    Gavin <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I'm running Windows XP. I'm unable to uninstall any programs as I
    > appear to have a "dead" link to access the "Add or Remove Programs"
    > from the Control Panel.
    > I've attempted fixing this by downloading a program called PC
    > MightyMax, but this has had no effect.
    > Any suggestions?

    Unfortunately this hasn't worked. The problem is not that I'm getting any
    error message, it's that the link doesn't anything at all when I click on it.
    Thanks for the information though.
    Any other suggestions?

    "Gavin" wrote:

    > I'm running Windows XP. I'm unable to uninstall any programs as I appear to
    > have a "dead" link to access the "Add or Remove Programs" from the Control
    > Panel.
    > I've attempted fixing this by downloading a program called PC MightyMax, but
    > this has had no effect.
    > Any suggestions?

Microsoft Windows XP