PROBLEM WITH SKYRIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hey guys,

I hoping someone can help me as I am stressing out and cannot find an answer anywhere!
I first ran skyrim right before I upgraded my computer 2 days ago, this was on me 32bit Intel Dual Core 2.39GHz with 2gb ram + geForce 210 and it ran fine on low. However now I've upgraded and something weird keeps happening.

When ever I start a game everything runs smoothly but then during the end of the intro the 2 carts which you're riding in and alongside just keep going but however are not moving due to a wall being in the way. At this point I discovered whilst playing on my previous system that they let you off the cart and prepare to decapitate you, however I cannot progress any further than sitting in the cart.

I also tried downloading a save file of the game at your race/character select however the same problem occurs.

For those who may not be aware of skyrim, the general problem I'm having is that everything just comes to a halt, all the npcs just continue moving on the spot and the storyline does not advance. I am absolutely certain my computer can run it on at the very least medium setting (i will list specs below). How can I fix this?!? :(

Would appreciate any help as I would like to play seeing as I just purchased new parts for the sake of playing Skyrim!!

Windows ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 210
8gb ram

I might also add that the sound works during the initial load and on the main menu however it stops when I load or create a game.

Sorry to tell you this but a 210 isn't going to cut it for skyrim. Depending on the resolution you game at there's a slight chance you might be able to run it on lowest but performance would be questionable. another issues you might be facing is cards compatibility with dx9 and shader software.

tomc51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
thing is though I was running it fine before, which was on the 210 and 2gb ram. and there seems to be nothing wrong with the graphics its not freezing its just unreponsive.. like the game just stops but i really dont think its my graphics because everything is still moving smoothly. i could post a video if that would help with understanding?

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

As he stated ....This is a known and well documented bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.