THG slowing down?

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
seems like not that many people are posting on thg like they used to
seems like every time i check there arent as many posts as there once was....
not a real bad thing...but it just seems so odd, since i am used to checking the site, and there being like 100 new posts...
heh...maybe it is just me tho...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Dude, I was thinkin' the same thing! Either everybody's busy actually working, or they don't have that many computer problems (which I seriously doubt either of them). :smile:

Please check out <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/btvillarin/" target="_new">My Website</A> - last updated 12/4/01

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
and it has been like this for the past few days.........
very strange for such a site, and like you said, i doubt everyone is actually doing other stuff, or has no computer problems.

-DAvid

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
It would be time consuming to read all the post and respond to them. Takes an evening because the BBS is so slow!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah, well it has been slow for a while...and sometimes it is REALLY slow....and sometimes it is not ridiculously slow...just sorts slow.
msn.com loads up faster than these boards!

-DAvid

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
yea, i must agree. i havent posted much because i couldnt stand the slow site. seems to be running a bit smoother right now tho..and i am a posting once again

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
see, there was 3 new posts, and i havent checked for a while...and in this <i>while</i> i would usually return to find like 15 new posts...
btw, anyone else watching ren and stimpy on VH1?
good stuff....havent seen this show in so long, was beggining to wonder what happened to it....thought that they buned the master copies or something...glad to see that they are showing it right now...needed something to keep me occupied since there arent that many posts to read.

-DAvid

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
My thoughts: #1 Very slow site last couple of weeks.
#2 have you noticed new posters coming here lately for help are either being ignored or told read past posts? Maybe some of them can’t understand past posts. (English is obviously not the main language for some of the new ones.) Most of the established posters in this forum are very knowledgeable and want to help people. But you can sure tell when some of us are having a bad day by our posts. You never know. The next person you help might be a youngster who is just discovering his or her interest in technology and might develop an idea that makes a real breakthrough in a few years that will help everyone. I love the domino theory.

<font color=blue>Remember. You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink: