Adobe reader 7.0 using up CPU

I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?

I just spent the whole day trying to get Adobe 7 to run. Finally managed to
find the archive file on adobe & downloaded 6.0, to upgrade to 6.01, then to
6.02 as they suggested. Still no luck with 7 when it installed. It moved
about 10 Adobe e-books into the digital folder but still won't open them or
allow them to be authicated. Tried removing the excess downloads of yahoo
toolbar & photoshop, which went well but the next install of 7 still had the
yahoo toolbar search running in the program even though it is not listed in
the install/remove program in control panel.

Only information I found on the web was that MS says that Adobe's latest
upgrade has a problem & so far neither MS or Adobe can find it. Whatever it
is affected all the upgrades not just 7 - even reinstalling the lower grades
still didn't work.

I'm running a Pentium 4 with MS Home XP with Norton's but since someone else
is having the same problem I'll stop looking at my system. Hope someone finds
the solution pretty soon!

"Andy Strauss" wrote:

> I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
> AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
> version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?

Uninstall Acrobat Reader, download a fresh copy of the software, and then
reinstall from the fresh copy.

Ted Zieglar

"Andy Strauss" <afstrauss@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
>AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
>version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the problem where there are tens of thousands of hidden
TEMP files.
Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote:

>Sounds like the problem where there are tens of thousands of hidden
>TEMP files.

More info, see http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329444.html

Apologies for replying to this off topic post...
Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

TRENDING THREADS