Adobe reader 7.0 using up CPU

I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about adobe reader

    I just spent the whole day trying to get Adobe 7 to run. Finally managed to
    find the archive file on adobe & downloaded 6.0, to upgrade to 6.01, then to
    6.02 as they suggested. Still no luck with 7 when it installed. It moved
    about 10 Adobe e-books into the digital folder but still won't open them or
    allow them to be authicated. Tried removing the excess downloads of yahoo
    toolbar & photoshop, which went well but the next install of 7 still had the
    yahoo toolbar search running in the program even though it is not listed in
    the install/remove program in control panel.

    Only information I found on the web was that MS says that Adobe's latest
    upgrade has a problem & so far neither MS or Adobe can find it. Whatever it
    is affected all the upgrades not just 7 - even reinstalling the lower grades
    still didn't work.

    I'm running a Pentium 4 with MS Home XP with Norton's but since someone else
    is having the same problem I'll stop looking at my system. Hope someone finds
    the solution pretty soon!

    "Andy Strauss" wrote:

    > I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
    > AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
    > version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?

    Uninstall Acrobat Reader, download a fresh copy of the software, and then
    reinstall from the fresh copy.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Andy Strauss" <afstrauss@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I can't open newly installed Adobe Reader 7.0 or any pdf file. The process
    >AcroRD32.exe is using up to 100% of my CPU. The same problem occured with
    >version 6.0 which removed before installing 7.0. Any suggestions?

    Sounds like the problem where there are tens of thousands of hidden
    TEMP files.
    Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

    quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote:

    >Sounds like the problem where there are tens of thousands of hidden
    >TEMP files.

    More info, see http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329444.html

    Apologies for replying to this off topic post...
    Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Adobe Reader CPUs Microsoft Windows XP