Compaq Presario 1235

Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 1235

    Better off not using the internal modem.Get a PCMCIA modem with WinXP
    drivers. They run $30-40.
    HH

    "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
    > work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
    > error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
    > driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

    Its a lucent based modem you'll find driverd at lucent.com only thing is
    that you will not hear dial tones. It will not go trhough your audio.

    Bob

    "Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Qagnc.19372$vz5.16980@nwrdny01.gnilink.net>...
    > Its a lucent based modem you'll find driverd at lucent.com only thing is
    > that you will not hear dial tones. It will not go trhough your audio.

    Got their v8.3 & it hangs the 1235 :-(.

    > "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
    > > Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
    > > work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
    > > error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
    > > driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

    what operating system ? Xp recognized mine right off
    on my compaq 1200 laptop as a lucent 56k v.90 pci df modem

    "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
    > work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
    > error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
    > driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

Compaq Presario Dial Up Connection Computers