News: Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Sequel.

yasir siddiqui

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
News: "Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Sequel"

Source: A Twitter post of an attendee at a college campus talk given by Electronic Arts president Frank Gibeau reports the executive confirmed Battlefield 4.

What we heard: Battlefield 3 is barely two weeks old, but Electronic Arts is already thinking about the sequel.

EA is planning a return to the Battlefield.

The University of Southern California held a campus event last night that featured a talk from EA president Frank Gibeau. If the Twitter account is accurate, Gibeau addressed the future of the Battlefield franchise, saying, "There is going to be a Battlefield 4."

The notion of another Battlefield game on the way is hardly surprising. Battlefield 3 was EA's biggest launch ever, shipping 10 million copies worldwide for day one. The game was well received by critics and sold through more than 5 million copies in the first week.

While more Battlefield is a foregone conclusion, the bigger question is when EA would release it. Activision gave its own confirmation of the next Call of Duty game yesterday, but unlike EA, the Modern Warfare 3 publisher said that its next military shooter would arrive in 2012.

In August, DICE executive producer Patrick Bach said in an interview that annualizing the Battlefield franchise would "dilute the vision" and "eventually kill the franchise." Battlefield is not quite a yearly franchise for EA, which saw two years pass between the release of 2008's Bad Company and that of last year's Bad Company 2. Battlefield 3 marks the first numbered game in the series since the release of the PC-only Battlefield 2 in 2005.

The official story: EA had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus: Not bogus that Battlefield 4 is coming eventually, but when and how it launches remain to be seen.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/battlefield-4-confirmed-by-ea-president-6344606

I think the media is trying to read into it too much. All the guy said is confirm that they will make the next game. Whether it's already being worked on or they plan to do it eventually has no information on when they plan to release it. And the fact that were going to make a next BF, well, I have to say that wasn't such a big brainer.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

I would have to agree. Saying you are going to make another version of your best selling title is sort of a no brainer. And we all know there is at least one new COD a year. To be perfectly honest i am much more excited to see Rainbow Six Patriots in 2013 then i am about another Battlefield or COD game.

TRENDING THREADS