No system restore tab...missing

I go to start/accessories/system tools and then the drop down...there is
activate windows, character map and files and transfer wizard...that is all.
No route from there to get to system restore...or when going the route of
control panel/performance and maintenence/system/system properties...no
restore tab...not in services and applications either...help[
--
Walk in faith and love
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Copy an past this command into the Start - Run box and press enter.
    What if anything happens?

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

    Does rstrui.exe exist in the folder above?

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Perlzawizdumb wrote:
    > I go to start/accessories/system tools and then the drop
    > down...there is activate windows, character map and files
    > and transfer wizard...that is all. No route from there to
    > get to system restore...or when going the route of
    > control panel/performance and maintenence/system/system
    > properties...no restore tab...not in services and
    > applications either...help[

    Hi,

    In the article below there are three methods of disabling SR. These
    methods can also be used to enable SR.
    How to Disable the System Restore Configuration User Interface
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283073

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Perlzawizdumb wrote:
    > I go to start/accessories/system tools and then the drop
    > down...there is activate windows, character map and files
    > and transfer wizard...that is all. No route from there to
    > get to system restore...or when going the route of
    > control panel/performance and maintenence/system/system
    > properties...no restore tab...not in services and
    > applications either...help[

Control Panel System Restore Accessories Microsoft Windows XP