NTBackup requires user to be logged on?

I have NTBackup jobs created as scheduled tasks to run nightly at 1AM. If I
log out of the computer, NTBackup does not run, logged on and locked,
NTBackup will run as scheduled. Can I change that behavior so NTBackup will
run when the user is not logged on to the computer?
--
TIA
Mattie

New features of the Scheduled Tasks Control Panel item that
are included in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883605&Product=windowsxpsp2

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mattie" wrote:

| I have NTBackup jobs created as scheduled tasks to run nightly at 1AM. If I
| log out of the computer, NTBackup does not run, logged on and locked,
| NTBackup will run as scheduled. Can I change that behavior so NTBackup will
| run when the user is not logged on to the computer?
| --
| TIA
| Mattie

Thank you for your response. This is why I'm confused as I don't see
anything erroneous. The Task Scheduler service is started and automatic,
"log on as: Local System account and allow service to interact with desktop"
is enabled. Under BackUp properties, "Run only if logged on" is not checked.
Under Scheduled Tasks - Advanced - AT Service Account Configuration shows
System Account selected. Why then does it only run when the user is logged
on and the system is locked and it refuses to run if I log off? I'm confused

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> New features of the Scheduled Tasks Control Panel item that
> are included in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883605&Product=windowsxpsp2
>
> HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558
>
> HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "mattie" wrote:
>
> | I have NTBackup jobs created as scheduled tasks to run nightly at 1AM. If I
> | log out of the computer, NTBackup does not run, logged on and locked,
> | NTBackup will run as scheduled. Can I change that behavior so NTBackup will
> | run when the user is not logged on to the computer?
> | --
> | TIA
> | Mattie

If you log off, the Task Scheduler is no longer running,
so a Scheduled Task cannot run.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mattie" wrote:

| Thank you for your response. This is why I'm confused as I don't see
| anything erroneous. The Task Scheduler service is started and automatic,
| "log on as: Local System account and allow service to interact with desktop"
| is enabled. Under BackUp properties, "Run only if logged on" is not checked.
| Under Scheduled Tasks - Advanced - AT Service Account Configuration shows
| System Account selected. Why then does it only run when the user is logged
| on and the system is locked and it refuses to run if I log off? I'm confused

TRENDING THREADS