System backup

I am following instructions on how to backup files and folders with windows
xp. I have windows xp sp2 home edition ....and this is not on a network.
1. I have a problem with the 1st step....as to 'click START etc. and
point to SYSTEM TOOLS and then click BACKUP'. My 'SYSTEM TOOLS' window does
not have BACKUP as a choice. Please advise.
Thank you for the advise yesterday regarding restore and backup.
Thanking you each in advance for assistance.
3 answers Last reply
More about system backup

    "HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894

    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Cruzing96" <Cruzing96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am following instructions on how to backup files and folders with
    windows
    > xp. I have windows xp sp2 home edition ....and this is not on a network.
    > 1. I have a problem with the 1st step....as to 'click START etc.
    and
    > point to SYSTEM TOOLS and then click BACKUP'. My 'SYSTEM TOOLS' window
    does
    > not have BACKUP as a choice. Please advise.
    > Thank you for the advise yesterday regarding restore and backup.
    > Thanking you each in advance for assistance.

    No, this is 'How to use backup to back up files and folders on your computer
    in windows xp.'
    My plan was to do this backup and save it to another folder, then burn
    onto a CD. I have read about this in some your previous discussions about
    backup.
    Hopefully I understood correctly. First please help me to do a system
    backup.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > "HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "Cruzing96" <Cruzing96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am following instructions on how to backup files and folders with
    > windows
    > > xp. I have windows xp sp2 home edition ....and this is not on a network.
    > > 1. I have a problem with the 1st step....as to 'click START etc.
    > and
    > > point to SYSTEM TOOLS and then click BACKUP'. My 'SYSTEM TOOLS' window
    > does
    > > not have BACKUP as a choice. Please advise.
    > > Thank you for the advise yesterday regarding restore and backup.
    > > Thanking you each in advance for assistance.

    You wrote "My 'SYSTEM TOOLS' window does not have BACKUP as a choice.
    Please advise." and I answered your question.

    Ntbackup has its own detailed help file. You can also find help on using
    ntbackup in these places:

    1. Open the Help and Support Center (Start > Help and Support) and search
    for: backup. Read the article entitled 'Backing up files and folders'.

    2. "Windows XP Backup Made Easy" (This information is still current.)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03july14.mspx
    --

    > No, this is 'How to use backup to back up files and folders on your
    computer
    > in windows xp.'
    > My plan was to do this backup and save it to another folder, then
    burn
    > onto a CD. I have read about this in some your previous discussions
    about
    > backup.
    > Hopefully I understood correctly. First please help me to do a system
    > backup.
    >
    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    > > "HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition"
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302894
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > >

    > > "Cruzing96" <Cruzing96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am following instructions on how to backup files and folders with
    > > windows
    > > > xp. I have windows xp sp2 home edition ....and this is not on a
    network.
    > > > 1. I have a problem with the 1st step....as to 'click START
    etc.
    > > and
    > > > point to SYSTEM TOOLS and then click BACKUP'. My 'SYSTEM TOOLS'
    window
    > > does
    > > > not have BACKUP as a choice. Please advise.
    > > > Thank you for the advise yesterday regarding restore and backup.
    > > > Thanking you each in advance for assistance.

Backup Microsoft Windows XP