DOS Default Path

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, and if not please let me know. If
you know of a better one, please suggest.

I installed MySQL, and it changes the default path of the DOS window
(command line). As a result when you type in C:\ipconfig it doesn't work.
You have to type in C:\Windows\System32\ipconfig

My question is, how do I change the command line default settings back to
looking at C:\Windows\System32 for all commands?

Thanks,

Brad
1 answer Last reply
More about default path

    Control Panel|System|Advanced|Environment Variables|System Variables and
    make sure that "Path" has
    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%
    at least somewhere in the string.

    Also check that "Path" found at
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
    is a type Reg_Expand_Sz string and not type Reg_Sz

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brad" wrote:
    | Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
    |
    | I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, and if not please let me know.
    If
    | you know of a better one, please suggest.
    |
    | I installed MySQL, and it changes the default path of the DOS window
    | (command line). As a result when you type in C:\ipconfig it doesn't work.
    | You have to type in C:\Windows\System32\ipconfig
    |
    | My question is, how do I change the command line default settings back to
    | looking at C:\Windows\System32 for all commands?
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Brad

Default DOS System32 Command Line Windows XP