DOS Default Path

January 18, 2005 4:43:03 PM

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, and if not please let me know. If
you know of a better one, please suggest.

I installed MySQL, and it changes the default path of the DOS window
(command line). As a result when you type in C:\ipconfig it doesn't work.
You have to type in C:\Windows\System32\ipconfig

My question is, how do I change the command line default settings back to
looking at C:\Windows\System32 for all commands?

Thanks,

Brad

More about : dos default path

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:54:19 PM

Control Panel|System|Advanced|Environment Variables|System Variables and
make sure that "Path" has
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%
at least somewhere in the string.

Also check that "Path" found at
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
is a type Reg_Expand_Sz string and not type Reg_Sz

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]