Unable to reboot using Alt+Ctrl+Del

On my old computer I was able to hold down Alt+Ctrl+Del for 10 seconds and my
computer would automatically reboot. My new machine does not do that. How do
I enable this functinality on my new machine (XP Media Center 2004 wich is
basically XP Pro)? Any help would be appreciated.

Ctrl + Alt + Del only brings up the task manager in XP.
You can create a shortcut icon on your task bar by using the following code:
Shutdown = Shutdown.exe -s -t 05
Restart = Shutdown.exe -r -t 05
It will create an Icon on the desktop which you can drag down to the Quick
launch on the task bar.
You can select a different Icon for each one by right clicking the Icon and
properties.

"PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On my old computer I was able to hold down Alt+Ctrl+Del for 10 seconds and
> my
> computer would automatically reboot. My new machine does not do that. How
> do
> I enable this functinality on my new machine (XP Media Center 2004 wich is
> basically XP Pro)? Any help would be appreciated.

Right click on the desktop,
select New and shortcut.
type the code where indicated.
follow the screen prompts.