Verizon as ISP - Wife also wants on www

Could somebody in one syllable words tell me how I can be on internet on
my computer using the Mobile Office Kit and also let my wife use her
laptop to surf the www? I figure I need a router (got one) a PC Card
(got a 'b)for her laptop, and a USB (got a 'g') for my PC. What cables
do I need to connect everything up?? Is this a simple thing, or can I
expect a lot of problems?

Thanx,
elgarc

--
elgarc
More about verizon wife

    I would guess that ICS <Internet connection sharing> might work. I think
    it's native in XP (not sure; I use W98) Check your help files. You may be
    able to hook her up to your PC by USB or other cable.

    Pepperoni

    elgarc wrote:
    > Could somebody in one syllable words tell me how I can be on internet
    > on my computer using the Mobile Office Kit and also let my wife use
    > her laptop to surf the www? I figure I need a router (got one) a PC
    > Card (got a 'b)for her laptop, and a USB (got a 'g') for my PC. What
    > cables do I need to connect everything up?? Is this a simple thing,
    > or can I expect a lot of problems?
    >
    > Thanx,
    > elgarc

    Depends on what you have now.. And if you ever plan on upgrading, you are
    screwed. The newer versions of Mobile Office (specifically 2.3 for both
    BroadbandAccess and NationalAccess, IE the one they sell now), SPECIFICALLY
    blocks any sort of sharing (Software block in the MO program to STOP
    sharing). In the older version, it worked fine with ICS (heck, got it
    running here), but if you update to the new software (or that's what you
    have/bought), it will *NOT* work anymore. No technical reason at all, just
    one of those nasty things Verizon did to specifically stop people from
    sharing, and forcing them to buy two (or more) cards and two (or more)
    monthly accounts.

    Specifically, in one syllable words.... no way jose (actually jose may be
    two syllables, but so is elgarc, better just stick with no way)

    PS, for those of you that use dial-up networking stuff direct instead of MO,
    it works just fine with ICS (as long as you do *not* use Mobile office 2.3
    or above).
    For that you can get a futuredial cable (www.futuredial.com), the standard
    windows driver (changing the baud rate and setup string)

    If money is no object, there is a new gizmo called the Junxion Box which is
    basically a wireless router for cellular data:
    http://www.junxion.com/product/

    Expect to pay $700 - $800 for the Box, plus $150 for the PC5220 card, and
    $79/mo for the VZW BroadBand Access service...

    -- Paul

    "elgarc" <elgarc.1hpfca@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

    > Could somebody in one syllable words tell me how I can be on internet on
    > my computer using the Mobile Office Kit and also let my wife use her
    > laptop to surf the www? I figure I need a router (got one) a PC Card
    > (got a 'b)for her laptop, and a USB (got a 'g') for my PC. What cables
    > do I need to connect everything up?? Is this a simple thing, or can I
    > expect a lot of problems?
    >
    > Thanx,
    > elgarc
    >

    > --
    > elgarc
    > brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

    I 'll make it easy for you

    you have verizon, does she have a cell phone,

    get the family share plan and get her a phone,, LG3200 or LG4500

    buy a second cable from radio shack $20

    install the mobile office on her phone

    you both can be on the internet at the same time or seperate times

    and have total privacy,

    remember this is call time if you are NOT paying for a data plan

    I get on at night & weekends

    I have unlimited Nights & wkends

    remember if you want 1xRTT data speeds you 'EN' "mou' on each phone

    express net . minutes of use $5.95 a month sometimes called mobile
    web

    i'm using it right now, it is my only ISP

Verizon Internet Service Providers