slow slow lagging why?

I have just installed windows xp home on my dell dimension computer. it was
running on wind ME. and had lots of problems "rundll32 has error". I am now
finding that xp is very slow and lagging and slow.. why. I have run Pest
patrol and mcafee and disk cleanup and defrag. what else. should I delete
something.. andy help greatly appreciated.
--
cissy g b
1 answer Last reply

    You didn't post you system specs ...
    Anything below 500MHz and 256MB will be slow.
    Additionally, if it was ME to XP upgrade (not a fresh XP install), you
    might’ve carried over some ME problems.

    Try these:

    Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

    How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindows.htm

    Good Luck!

    "cissy" wrote:

    > I have just installed windows xp home on my dell dimension computer. it was
    > running on wind ME. and had lots of problems "rundll32 has error". I am now
    > finding that xp is very slow and lagging and slow.. why. I have run Pest
    > patrol and mcafee and disk cleanup and defrag. what else. should I delete
    > something.. andy help greatly appreciated.
    > --
    > cissy g b

Windows XP