system restore turning off on it's own

January 19, 2005 7:47:01 PM

whenever I start back up the system restore is off. I've lost all the
restore points so can't go back to an earlier date. Each time I turn it back
on it turns off when I go to system restore. could this be a virus? can't
get firewall back up as it says failed to start due to internet sharing
connectivity problem. not on network,just router for home cable

More about : system restore turning

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:08:34 PM

Hi there,

Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q302/7...

Enabling System Restore:

Right click my computer icon, properties. System Restore Tab, Clear "Turn
Off System Restore on all Drives".

HTH
Meena

!