system restore turning off on it's own

whenever I start back up the system restore is off. I've lost all the
restore points so can't go back to an earlier date. Each time I turn it back
on it turns off when I go to system restore. could this be a virus? can't
get firewall back up as it says failed to start due to internet sharing
connectivity problem. not on network,just router for home cable
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore turning

    Hi there,

    Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q302/7/96.asp

    Enabling System Restore:

    Right click my computer icon, properties. System Restore Tab, Clear "Turn
    Off System Restore on all Drives".

    HTH
    Meena

    "pureh2oman" <pureh2oman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > whenever I start back up the system restore is off. I've lost all the
    > restore points so can't go back to an earlier date. Each time I turn it
    back
    > on it turns off when I go to system restore. could this be a virus?
    can't
    > get firewall back up as it says failed to start due to internet sharing
    > connectivity problem. not on network,just router for home cable

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP