Windows Update side effect: account passwords (unknown)

My neighbor used Windows Update on her XP system. After it was over,
passwords appeared on all the user accounts so she can't use the
computer anymore. Is this side effect of using Windows Update familiar
to anybody? A remedy?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update side effect account passwords unknown

    I have heard of similar a few times.
    I am not sure what may have caused it.
    Try leaving the password blank.

    Otherwise:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "dmorgan1" <dmorgan-with-suffixed-"1"-ATdslextreme.com> wrote in message

    > My neighbor used Windows Update on her XP system. After it was over,
    > passwords appeared on all the user accounts so she can't use the
    > computer anymore. Is this side effect of using Windows Update familiar
    > to anybody? A remedy?

Windows Update Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP