Cannot Disable System restore

Please help .

I am using WIn XP pro. SP1

:SYSTEM RESTORE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR TRYING TO ENABLE/DISABLE ONE OR MORE
DRIVERS.

PLEASE RESTART YOUR MACHINE AND TRY AGAIN.:::

Riho Sormunen
SPIN Tek AS
mob: 5252852
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot disable system restore

    "Riho Sormunen" <rixs@hot.ee> wrote in message
    > Please help .
    >
    > I am using WIn XP pro. SP1
    >
    > :SYSTEM RESTORE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR TRYING TO ENABLE/DISABLE ONE OR MORE
    > DRIVERS.
    >
    > PLEASE RESTART YOUR MACHINE AND TRY AGAIN.:::
    >

    > --

    I mean that the message is an error message, what occour when I Try to
    disable System restore. Also it not allow me to change the restore Size !
    Please Help.

    Quickly reset all the System Restore points (Windows XP):
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/resetsr.htm

    For the actual issue, the Event Log might give a clue:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Riho Sormunen" <rixs@hot.ee> wrote in message news:O3LUKns$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

    "Riho Sormunen" <rixs@hot.ee> wrote in message
    > Please help .
    >
    > I am using WIn XP pro. SP1
    >
    > :SYSTEM RESTORE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR TRYING TO ENABLE/DISABLE ONE OR MORE
    > DRIVERS.
    >
    > PLEASE RESTART YOUR MACHINE AND TRY AGAIN.:::
    >

    > --

    I mean that the message is an error message, what occour when I Try to
    disable System restore. Also it not allow me to change the restore Size !
    Please Help.

System Restore Microsoft Windows XP