Is there a registry entry controlling the recycle bin ?

January 20, 2005 8:21:03 AM

When I delete files they disappear completely, despite the properties saying
they should go to the recycle bin. Can anybody help
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:06:05 PM

Right-click the Recycle-bin, click properties, make sure "Do not move file
to the Recycle-bin...." option is not selected. In case the aforementioned
option is set correctly, then download and install a patch from the site
below to repair recycle-bin in Windows XP:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restorerecyc...

Usage: Double-click the file and answer and YES when prompted.

HTH
Meena

"Teesside Tim" <Teesside Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I delete files they disappear completely, despite the properties
saying
> they should go to the recycle bin. Can anybody help
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:06:06 PM

.. Thanks Meana

Unfortunately this didnt work - the files still disappear. A further issue I
habve is that the recycle bin looks empty, but it asks if I want to delete
three items(invisible)I answer yes, but it still says there are three items.
The registry key covering the bitbucket is also set to 0, so should be
putting the fiels to the 'bin'. Any other suggestions ?