System Stanby Failure

Recently when my PC tries to go into stanby mode I get a System Stanby
Failure message. It indicates that the device driver for the communication
port (com1) driver is preventing the machine from entering standby. The only
way out is to turn off the power to the pc. I tried deleting the drive and
reinstalling it but I get the same results. According to MS I have the
latest driver (ver 5.1.26000.0 xpsp-sp2-rtm.040803-2138. I'm running Windows
XP Home on a Dell Dimension 8100. I set the stanby and hibermate options to
NEVER and this works but I would like to abel to put the PC in standby model.
Any suggestions?
--
Thanks!

Hi there,

Intuit's Quicken product might not be seen by Windows and/or fail to release
the COM port when Windows attempts to enter into a power saving mode. Use
the following steps to disable the Quicken Download Manager:

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then select Properties.
Click the Hardware tab, and then the Device Manager button.
Click View, and then Show Hidden Devices.
Click the plus sign (+) next to Non-Plug and Play drivers.
Double-click Mrtrate.
Click the Driver tab, and then click the Stop button.
In the Type dropdown select Disabled, and then click OK.

Restart the computer and test to see if this corrected the problem.

Or, take a look at the below Quicken support site:
http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/2003/win/7221.html