Uninstalling software

gavin

Unfortunately this hasn't helped. The problem is not that I am getting an
error message but that the link doesn't work; when I click on it nothing
happens.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

>Clicking "Add/Remove Windows Components" causes an error and does not launch
the program
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/arpwc.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User<

Gavin <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I'm running Windows XP. I'm unable to uninstall any programs as I
> appear to have a "dead" link to access the "Add or Remove Programs"
> from the Control Panel.
> I've attempted fixing this by downloading a program called PC
> MightyMax, but this has had no effect.
> Any suggestions?<<

Let's try this:

Search (Start > Search) your system drive (usually the C: drive) for this
file: appwiz.cpl. Have you got this file? If so, double-click on the icon.
Voila!

(If you haven't got that file, or if double-clicking on the icon doesn't do
it for you, it's a simple matter to extract a fresh copy.)
--
Ted Zieglar

"Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately this hasn't helped. The problem is not that I am getting an
> error message but that the link doesn't work; when I click on it nothing
> happens.
>
> Any other suggestions?
> Thanks
>

> >Clicking "Add/Remove Windows Components" causes an error and does not
launch
> the program
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/arpwc.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User<
>
> >>In news:2E739BE1-1823-48F6-9CB6-7B1754B411D1@microsoft.com,
> Gavin <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I'm running Windows XP. I'm unable to uninstall any programs as I
> > appear to have a "dead" link to access the "Add or Remove Programs"
> > from the Control Panel.
> > I've attempted fixing this by downloading a program called PC
> > MightyMax, but this has had no effect.
> > Any suggestions?<<

Try uninstalling from safe mode and see if the problem persists, refer to
the below sites for safe mode access information:
http://winxptutor.com/safemode.htm

--
HTH
Meena

Ted Zieglar wrote:

> Let's try this:
>
> Search (Start > Search) your system drive (usually the C: drive) for this
> file: appwiz.cpl. Have you got this file? If so, double-click on the icon.
> Voila!
>
> (If you haven't got that file, or if double-clicking on the icon doesn't do
> it for you, it's a simple matter to extract a fresh copy.)

Sorry to hijack the tread but I have a similar problem with "add or
remove programs" Going to the control panel and clicking on the
add/remove icon opens the new pane/window but the list of applications
never populates. I've searched with google and not found any solution.
I have even done a rebuild of the OS, WinXP Pro SP2, to know avail.
I'm reluctant to use third party applications to do the remove. Ant
help would be greatly appreciated.