PC Shut off when play BF 3

purepenny

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Hi,

I have a problem that has been happen for a while now, and I can not seem to find the problem/solution to this.
I have recently build my own tower for gaming, Mainly to run Battlefield 3 and future high end graphic games.

The problem I have is that when I play Battlefield 3, and sometime Skyrim. My computer just shut itself off and reboot.

I have always run HW Monitor, Asus Monitor.

Ran Furmark on both of my GPU and it have no problem, never shut off even when i ran it over an hour.
CPU, I have Noctua D-14 fan to cool it down, even when I play and monitor the game, Each core never go above 120F.
I have ran Memory Check. Nothing wrong.

Anyone got any idea on what's the problem might be? Its starting to irritate me really bad.

My system config.

CPU; Intel i5-2500k
GPU; EVGA GeForce GTX 560ti x2
Case; HAF-X
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68 V Pro
Memory; G.Skill X Series 8GB (duel channel)
PSU; 1000W OCZ ZX Series
Window 7

Thank you for your input in advance

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
What are your gpu temps saying? evga cards run hot and having two in there would be a furnace. The frequent shut off are generally caused by a heating issue and hitting the trip point which shuts the computer down before you destroy your hardware.

purepenny

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
my CPU Temp run about 40-44C when i play BF3. CPU load on each varies between 65-75% per core.
HW monitor and TrueTemp are reading my GPU about 67-70C when i run FurMark, but it does not shut off. On BF3 it sits from 68-70C.

I have Scythe Ulta Kaze 120 x 38mm Case Fan (45.90dBa, 133.6CFM) that blow on both of my GPU, and its put out a lot of air and really loud when i turn it up all the way.
Also HAF X case that side fan that funnel right at the GPU too.

Another question i got is Why doesn't my Computer use my 2nd GPU? Seem to put load on all my first one and never use my 2nd one. I have not seen it been use at all, maybe once or twice when i was running BF3 with x16 Anti alias.

And i think it my CPU from the looks of it. Today i just added new thermal paste on it. maybe i need to wait for it to cure?

purepenny

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Its seem to be my CPU that overheat. I don't know the solution for it. Since my case is full of Air cool and my CPU fan is Noctua d-14.
I do have updated all the driver and software for it.

PokemonCraft

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

it is almost impossible with that fan

might be psu issue though