Sign in with
Your question

PC Shut off when play BF 3

Last response: in Video Games
December 2, 2011 12:59:24 AM

Hi,

I have a problem that has been happen for a while now, and I can not seem to find the problem/solution to this.
I have recently build my own tower for gaming, Mainly to run Battlefield 3 and future high end graphic games.

The problem I have is that when I play Battlefield 3, and sometime Skyrim. My computer just shut itself off and reboot.

I have always run HW Monitor, Asus Monitor.

Ran Furmark on both of my GPU and it have no problem, never shut off even when i ran it over an hour.
CPU, I have Noctua D-14 fan to cool it down, even when I play and monitor the game, Each core never go above 120F.
I have ran Memory Check. Nothing wrong.

Anyone got any idea on what's the problem might be? Its starting to irritate me really bad.

My system config.

CPU; Intel i5-2500k
GPU; EVGA GeForce GTX 560ti x2
Case; HAF-X
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68 V Pro
Memory; G.Skill X Series 8GB (duel channel)
PSU; 1000W OCZ ZX Series
Window 7

Thank you for your input in advance

More about : shut play

December 2, 2011 2:11:32 AM

What are your gpu temps saying? evga cards run hot and having two in there would be a furnace. The frequent shut off are generally caused by a heating issue and hitting the trip point which shuts the computer down before you destroy your hardware.
m
l
December 2, 2011 4:07:06 AM

my CPU Temp run about 40-44C when i play BF3. CPU load on each varies between 65-75% per core.
HW monitor and TrueTemp are reading my GPU about 67-70C when i run FurMark, but it does not shut off. On BF3 it sits from 68-70C.

I have Scythe Ulta Kaze 120 x 38mm Case Fan (45.90dBa, 133.6CFM) that blow on both of my GPU, and its put out a lot of air and really loud when i turn it up all the way.
Also HAF X case that side fan that funnel right at the GPU too.

Another question i got is Why doesn't my Computer use my 2nd GPU? Seem to put load on all my first one and never use my 2nd one. I have not seen it been use at all, maybe once or twice when i was running BF3 with x16 Anti alias.

And i think it my CPU from the looks of it. Today i just added new thermal paste on it. maybe i need to wait for it to cure?
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2011 4:01:31 PM

Not all games support SLI and make sure you have the latest drivers for SLI support. You can also check your nvidia control panel to make sure that you have SLI enabled.
m
l
December 2, 2011 9:49:57 PM

Its seem to be my CPU that overheat. I don't know the solution for it. Since my case is full of Air cool and my CPU fan is Noctua d-14.
I do have updated all the driver and software for it.
m
l
December 2, 2011 9:59:45 PM

purepenny said:
Its seem to be my CPU that overheat. I don't know the solution for it. Since my case is full of Air cool and my CPU fan is Noctua d-14.
I do have updated all the driver and software for it.

it is almost impossible with that fan

might be psu issue though
m
l
December 2, 2011 10:58:36 PM

Hmm. i don't know. I run Prime95 GPU Stress Test and it doesnt shut off at all. Maybe it has something to do with some kind of software itself?
m
l
!