Gigabyte GA-7VTXH PCI Problem

G

I've just built a new system with the Gigabyte GA-7VTXH motherboard. I was going to move my old Adaptec AHA-2940AU PCI SCSI controller from my old system into the new so I could continue to use my SCSI devices. However, when the Windows XP hardware wizard attempts to install the device, it errors out with the message "Cannot install this hardware, the data is invalid". Since this was the only PCI card I had installed, I decided to try another one. I removed the Adaptec card, and then installed a sound blaster live pci sound card (note: I disabled the on board sound chip in order to perform this test). Once again I received the same error message. I am now concerned that something may be set wrong in the bios for the PCI. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Sounds like the drivers for those 2 cards may not be WinXP compatible - do any other PCI cards work?

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>

Thorin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
I've run windows XP with a GA-7VTXH a sound blaster live! and an adaptec 2930U SCSI adapter with no problems, so the sound blaster live definitly works in XP.
Sorry I can't be more hopeful, hope you get your problem sorted.
Thorin

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
No question, but considering that WinXP is so new, sactaz should visit the two websites and make sure he/she has the correct (latest) drivers.

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>