Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Is there a way backup IE Favories, Outlook emails, cookies..

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Outlook
  • Backup
  • Microsoft
  • Cookie
  • Windows XP
January 22, 2005 8:07:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

HI! I am having a network problem and as a result I have done things to it
that is leaving me with perhaps the best solution being to re-install
windows . I would like to backup my IE fav, outlook emails, and other
outlook data. cookies as well.

Windows XP sp2

Is there an easier way than to do this manually in explorer?

Paul Dallaire

More about : backup favories outlook emails cookies

January 22, 2005 8:07:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

What are your network issues? In the meantime, see if this helps:

HijackThis
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Winsock Fix (Line 349):

As for the rest, yes. But run the above first and good luck!

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"paul dallaire" <paul.dallaire@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> HI! I am having a network problem and as a result I have done things to it
> that is leaving me with perhaps the best solution being to re-install
> windows . I would like to backup my IE fav, outlook emails, and other
> outlook data. cookies as well.
>
> Windows XP sp2
>
> Is there an easier way than to do this manually in explorer?
>
> Paul Dallaire

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:54:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi Paul,

Backup my Internet Favorites to a disk
http://winxptutor.com/favbackup.htm

MS Outlook backup tutorial is here:
http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm
--
HTH
Meena
"paul dallaire" <paul.dallaire@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> HI! I am having a network problem and as a result I have done things to it
> that is leaving me with perhaps the best solution being to re-install
> windows . I would like to backup my IE fav, outlook emails, and other
> outlook data. cookies as well.
>
> Windows XP sp2
>
> Is there an easier way than to do this manually in explorer?
>
> Paul Dallaire

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 22, 2005 6:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

How do you restore the favorite to a new install?

I copy the favorite folder to another medium and copy it back after the new
install. Same for the OE files. Maybe this is a stupid method, but it works
for me.

"Meena" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Backup my Internet Favorites to a disk
> http://winxptutor.com/favbackup.htm
>
> MS Outlook backup tutorial is here:
> http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm
> --
> HTH
> Meena
> "paul dallaire" <paul.dallaire@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > HI! I am having a network problem and as a result I have done things to it
> > that is leaving me with perhaps the best solution being to re-install
> > windows . I would like to backup my IE fav, outlook emails, and other
> > outlook data. cookies as well.
> >
> > Windows XP sp2
> >
> > Is there an easier way than to do this manually in explorer?
> >
> > Paul Dallaire

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

HI! thanks, I am having problems with my news reader as well. I have being
not seing my post so I have being reposting . I hope there are missing and
its not me . I don't want to give the impression that I am spamming/

"Meena" <SAYNO2SPAM.emailmeena@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Paul,
>
> Backup my Internet Favorites to a disk
> http://winxptutor.com/favbackup.htm
>
> MS Outlook backup tutorial is here:
> http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm
> --
> HTH
> Meena
> "paul dallaire" <paul.dallaire@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > HI! I am having a network problem and as a result I have done things to
it
> > that is leaving me with perhaps the best solution being to re-install
> > windows . I would like to backup my IE fav, outlook emails, and other
> > outlook data. cookies as well.
> >
> > Windows XP sp2
> >
> > Is there an easier way than to do this manually in explorer?
> >
> > Paul Dallaire

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:18:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

File menu - Import and Export

It exports favourites in the netscape format.

http://www.uscricket.com