  • Microsoft
  • Software
  • Windows XP
January 22, 2005 9:35:01 AM

What is the best way to close open programs before installing new software?
I have been told to use "disable all" in msconfig, but everytime I do this
McAfee and Ad-aware return upon reboot. These programs are real die-hards.
I have to then do a right click on the icon and close or disable them before
installing. Should all programs be closed before installing new software?

More about : save close open programs

January 22, 2005 10:08:47 AM

What I've done in the past is to disable all the open
programs shown on the bottom right hand corner of my
screen using right click on the icon and either
disable/close/disconnect.
Carlos
..