Won't run program anymore

Using Windows XP Pro. Have been using Final Draft with no problems suddenly
it tells me: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\ AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. I think this
same problem is prohibiting my DVDit! from burning discs. When I tried to
download an ASPI update I got the same failure. Please help. I can't seem
to find out anything on the Microsoft site.
1 answer Last reply
More about program anymore

    Hi ebertjm1,

    Have a look at the information here:
    MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "ebertjm1" <ebertjm1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP Pro. Have been using Final Draft with no problems
    suddenly
    > it tells me: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\ AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not
    > suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. I think
    this
    > same problem is prohibiting my DVDit! from burning discs. When I tried to
    > download an ASPI update I got the same failure. Please help. I can't
    seem
    > to find out anything on the Microsoft site.

Microsoft Windows XP