Can't delete files when trying to re-install windows XP.

I can't seem to delete old files when I attempt to re-install Windows XP?
1 answer Last reply
More about delete files install windows

    What exactly do you mean 'you can't delete old files'? After installing xp
    are the old files still there? If so are you reinstalling or simply
    repairing? A repair install will do just that - repair the operating system
    files, but leave other files in tact (well theoretically anyway) A 'clean
    install' requires the drive to be reformatted and then xp installed. Visit
    my website :
    http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm

    Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at the following questions: Q7
    Q41, Q55, and Q86

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "Steve SF" <Steve SF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can't seem to delete old files when I attempt to re-install Windows XP?

Windows XP Microsoft