Can't delete files when trying to re-install windows XP.

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Microsoft
January 22, 2005 6:35:01 PM

I can't seem to delete old files when I attempt to re-install Windows XP?

More about : delete files install windows

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:38:11 AM

What exactly do you mean 'you can't delete old files'? After installing xp
are the old files still there? If so are you reinstalling or simply
repairing? A repair install will do just that - repair the operating system
files, but leave other files in tact (well theoretically anyway) A 'clean
install' requires the drive to be reformatted and then xp installed. Visit
my website :
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm

Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at the following questions: Q7
Q41, Q55, and Q86

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert