133mhz on epox 8kta+

G

I recently replaced the 700mhz athlon on my epox 8kta+ board with a 1.2ghz athlon(266), and I can't seem to make it run at 9x133, it runs fine at 12x100 and 12.5x100(which curiously comes out to be a total of 1300mhz). Is there anyone who can help me with this? I have pc-133 sdram and everytime I set the bus speed to 133 via the jumper, it won't give any video, and everytime I set the bus speed to 133 via the bios it won't give any video and I have to clear the cmos. Also, I have the latest bios revision and I have a radeon 64mb ddr agp video card. The ram is generic, but it's supposed to be pc-133.

Any help would be appreciated

Dude!, you're getting a boat anchor!

G

I would say its ur ram i had the same problem with generic ram get some crucial or micron or a name brand like that

G

the actual ram chips are hyundai(which is the same brand as on the radeon as if it would make any diffence.), but I forget the brand of ram

G

any more suggestions before I go replacing hardware?

G

It's not the RAM. My friend and I got the same board at a comp show. We thought we just got ripped off because we both had lots of problems, and all different. But referring to what your problem is... The jumper shouldn't be changed on the board. Setting it to 133, which we tried, results in no boot. I actually read that somewhere like 4 months later. Sorry can't help you with the OC stuff. But back to my experiences with the board. Mine would not recognize the RAM everytime unless I flashed the CMOS. Also would randomly not recognize the sound card, had to be reseated. I tried to install the VIA 4in1 drivers and it whacked my hard drive twice in a row, 2nd time I made a backup first. All these problems happened on one board or the other, not both, with almost exact same hardware.

G

Hmmmm... I never had any problems with it except that I cant get it to go 133. Officialy it's not supposed to go 133, but some people have told me that they got their board to go 133(but would not tell me how). One of the reasons I bought the epox board was because I had good experiences with their socket 7 boards.

G

Got a brand new stick of crucial 256mb pc-133 ram, took out the generic, I still can't get it there. Maybe it's just time to get a new board, anyone want to buy this one? :)

TRENDING THREADS