• I like both equally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like neither

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Let me first state that this poll is between the original Far Cry (2004) on PC, and the original Crysis (2007) on PC.

There will be a number of choices.

Which one of these legendary games is the winner?

heids24

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Both great games. Far Cry wowed me when it was launched. Crysis wowed me that it took me 3 years after its release before I could play it on all max settings. ;)

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

If I remember correctly, Far Cry was a system crusher in it's day, as well. Though not to the extent of Crysis.

Boy, you're not kidding, though. It took me until my current build to totally max Crysis. Now, I guess you could say I could max it before, but is it really maxing a game when all you're getting is 20fps? Hell, even now all I get is about 40fps on average when I'm using AA set to max.

With that said, and as much as I love Crysis, I had to place my vote for Far Cry. Even though I personally like Crysis better, I realize that Far Cry probably (arguably) made the bigger impact - except for of course the infamy Crysis received. I am speaking gameplay wise.

I loved Far Cry, except for the Trigens. I do think if not for that, it would be about equal to Half Life in my opinion. Speaking of Half Life, I also think it was kind of unfortunate for Far Cry that Half Life 2 came out only a few months later. It totally overshadowed it and people soon forgot about it (Well, mainstream gaming did).