Can't remember an old combat racing game

peacemaker898

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I'm going to try to describe it as well as I can remember in bullet points

-Bright, neon-like colors
-The car choice menu had them on pedestals, in the back was a sweet looking red one
-I don't even think it was a racing game, I don't remember racing at least, I mostly explored
-You could shoot guns
-There were turrets in different places
-You may or may not be in a hover car
-There was race track and more open parts of the "world"
-You could try to jump to these planes where you would flip upside down (maybe)
-I'm 99% sure it was a 90's game, I played it on a windows 95 or 98 machine
-Again, what I remember most vividly are the bright colors in the "city" type part

Thank you!

peacemaker898

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Nope, it's more futuristic.

From what I've gathered it's a fairly obscure game. Understand that I've been searching for it for more than an hour, even sifting through lists of old PC games. I do this like once a year, but never find it! haha..

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I feel your pain OP. I had a game that I used to play when I was a child on original Nintendo, that I couldn't remember for the life of me. I randomly described it to a person that I didn't know was a longtime gamer and they were like "Oh, you mean Snow Bros.?"

Don't give up :x.

peacemaker898

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Haha, no not Carmageddon. The graphics were more surreal than realistic, but not quite as old as Rock & Roll Racing. Not Wipeout either, again, I'm not even sure if it was a racing game, haha. At least I don't remember ever racing, or place markers on the GUI or anything.

hollowfreak

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Funny thing is I stumbled across this thread when I was googling for what I believe is the name of the same game you're looking for ... and I finally found it! Rollcage!

http://www.gamespot.com/rollcage/
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/blazehedgehog/rollcage-in-hd/30-31310/

Without a doubt one of the best combat/racing games period, I have it buried somewhere at home, I was trying to find out what api it used I'm going to try to get it running in 3D.