Windows 7 Install problems

Wals07

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hello,
I am trying to install windows 7, but when it starts to install it gets about 15% down the collecting information bar before a window pops up that says "install windows" Select the driver to be installed, but does not give any drivers to be installed. Have also tried the browse but there is only Computer, Floppy Disk Drive (A:), Boot (X:). When the Floppy Drive is clicked on it does a rescan and does not find anything. When the Boot is clicked; it says load driver no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK. I have just built this computer.

Wals07

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
from a friend
It just can't find the DVD/CD drivers and that is what it is asking for I have tried the install disk that came with the DVD burner, but it still can't find the driver.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
What's your motherboard? Are you using any add-in cards? Are you sure your hard drive is properly connected? Are you using the right drivers: 64 or 32 bit?

My guess is that the OS isn't detecting the hard drive and that is why it is prompting for a driver.

TRENDING THREADS