Speaker sound very very low

Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I could
have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came with
my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try and
adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?
3 answers Last reply
More about speaker sound very

    try lowering the windows master volume control until you *may* hear sound.
    this just worked for me - exact same circumstances almost.

    "Taren101" wrote:

    > Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I could
    > have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came with
    > my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try and
    > adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
    > way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?

    Might want to check the speakers to make sure they aren't plugged into the
    headphone jack. That will lower volume.

    "tim malloy" <timmalloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > try lowering the windows master volume control until you *may* hear sound.
    > this just worked for me - exact same circumstances almost.
    >

    > "Taren101" wrote:
    >
    >> Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I
    >> could
    >> have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came
    >> with
    >> my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try
    >> and
    >> adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
    >> way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?

    Have you tried the master volume control? Go to: Controll pannel > Sounds,
    speaker, audio devices > Adjust system volume > Audio tab > Sound play back
    (volume button) > Master volume control. Try moving wave slider, sw synth
    slider, and PC speaker slider in master volume control to high position. This
    worked for me. Can anyone tell me where to find out what these controls are?

    "Taren101" wrote:

    > Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I could
    > have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came with
    > my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try and
    > adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
    > way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?

Speakers Microsoft Windows XP