Speaker sound very very low

January 23, 2005 9:59:03 PM

Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I could
have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came with
my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try and
adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?

More about : speaker sound very low

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 4:35:15 PM

try lowering the windows master volume control until you *may* hear sound.
this just worked for me - exact same circumstances almost.

"Taren101" wrote:

> Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I could
> have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came with
> my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try and
> adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
> way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:11:36 PM

Might want to check the speakers to make sure they aren't plugged into the
headphone jack. That will lower volume.

"tim malloy" <timmalloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> try lowering the windows master volume control until you *may* hear sound.
> this just worked for me - exact same circumstances almost.
>

> "Taren101" wrote:
>
>> Recently I just got a new compaq presario tower for my computer so I
>> could
>> have windows xp installed. Now, the sound out of my speakers (which came
>> with
>> my old IBM tower) is really, really low. I have tried everything to try
>> and
>> adjust the volume but nothing works, even when the volume is up all the
>> way.Why may this be and is there something I can do about this?
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:52:01 PM

Have you tried the master volume control? Go to: Controll pannel > Sounds,
speaker, audio devices > Adjust system volume > Audio tab > Sound play back
(volume button) > Master volume control. Try moving wave slider, sw synth
slider, and PC speaker slider in master volume control to high position. This
worked for me. Can anyone tell me where to find out what these controls are?

!