Error - Memory could not be written

Hi
In my machine i find that whenever i open IE6.0 this is the following error
which i get.
The instruction at "0x01acb382" referenced memory at " 0xb5730805". The
memory could not be "written".
Click OK to terminate the program.
Click cancel to debug the program.

I have Win XP Prof and the latest SP downloaded in it. What could be the
possible reasons for the same.
1 answer Last reply
More about error memory written

    Those nos are next to impossible for anyone to de-code,however,you should
    open event viewer,click on the url for a warning or error,this opens
    help/support
    in xp,usually with a fix or solution to it.You can also go to Technet at
    microsoft,
    in the L.sub-menu select,troubleshoot/support,then open the event errors
    message center.This on-line utility would have specific answers to what data
    you enter.I would look in the hardware dept of youre computer,memory too
    small or faulting.

    "pv" wrote:

    > Hi
    > In my machine i find that whenever i open IE6.0 this is the following error
    > which i get.
    > The instruction at "0x01acb382" referenced memory at " 0xb5730805". The
    > memory could not be "written".
    > Click OK to terminate the program.
    > Click cancel to debug the program.
    >
    > I have Win XP Prof and the latest SP downloaded in it. What could be the
    > possible reasons for the same.

Memory Microsoft Windows XP