xp reboots occasionally

xp reboots occasionally on opening a jpeg or some game or windows media
player(but not with winamp).Had installed sp2 few days back.other recent
installed include AVGver7, nokia PC suite(infact tht was the reason i had to
install sp2).I've checked 4 viruses n adwares usin ad
aware,spybot,avg,cwshredder n removed watever was found,but the problem still
remains..plz help..
gaggan

Hi

If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> xp reboots occasionally on opening a jpeg or some game or windows media
> player(but not with winamp).Had installed sp2 few days back.other recent
> installed include AVGver7, nokia PC suite(infact tht was the reason i had
> install sp2).I've checked 4 viruses n adwares usin ad
> aware,spybot,avg,cwshredder n removed watever was found,but the problem
> still
> remains..plz help..
> gaggan

hi
the stop code is :0X000000E8(0X8119D430,0X812C9830,0X00000000,0X00000000)

thx

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
> BSOD?
>
> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
> refer to the problem.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > xp reboots occasionally on opening a jpeg or some game or windows media
> > player(but not with winamp).Had installed sp2 few days back.other recent
> > installed include AVGver7, nokia PC suite(infact tht was the reason i had
> > install sp2).I've checked 4 viruses n adwares usin ad
> > aware,spybot,avg,cwshredder n removed watever was found,but the problem
> > still
> > remains..plz help..
> > gaggan

hi Will,
well this time there was another stop sode when i opened a jpeg,it goes like
this
0X000000E8(0XFF3DA8A8,0XFF2CCF00,0X00000000,0X00000000)
this sure seems to b changing every time..

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
> BSOD?
>
> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
> refer to the problem.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > xp reboots occasionally on opening a jpeg or some game or windows media
> > player(but not with winamp).Had installed sp2 few days back.other recent
> > installed include AVGver7, nokia PC suite(infact tht was the reason i had
> > install sp2).I've checked 4 viruses n adwares usin ad
> > aware,spybot,avg,cwshredder n removed watever was found,but the problem
> > still
> > remains..plz help..
> > gaggan

Hi, Gaggan.

Hmmm... Looks like you've found a real strange one there. :>(

The first few references I looked at didn't show Stop Code 0xE8 at all.
Google turned it up in this article at AumHa.org:
TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

Even then, it's not in the normal sequence. Ctrl+F found it as a part of
the explanation for 0xE3, RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. Clicking on the link to the
MSDN article took me to this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_96a03094-2e92-4b5a-8410-53d143169ac5.xml.asp

and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp

But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you need
a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this one.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> hi Will,
> well this time there was another stop sode when i opened a jpeg,it goes
> like
> this
> 0X000000E8(0XFF3DA8A8,0XFF2CCF00,0X00000000,0X00000000)
> this sure seems to b changing every time..
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
>> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup
>> and
>> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
>> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from
>> the
>> BSOD?
>>
>> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there
>> may
>> refer to the problem.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > xp reboots occasionally on opening a jpeg or some game or windows media
>> > player(but not with winamp).Had installed sp2 few days back.other
>> > recent
>> > installed include AVGver7, nokia PC suite(infact tht was the reason i
>> > had
>> > install sp2).I've checked 4 viruses n adwares usin ad
>> > aware,spybot,avg,cwshredder n removed watever was found,but the problem
>> > still
>> > remains..plz help..
>> > gaggan

Hi

Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen' does!

--

"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Gaggan.
>
> Hmmm... Looks like you've found a real strange one there. :>(
>
> The first few references I looked at didn't show Stop Code 0xE8 at all.
> Google turned it up in this article at AumHa.org:
> TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>
> Even then, it's not in the normal sequence. Ctrl+F found it as a part of
> the explanation for 0xE3, RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. Clicking on the link to the
> MSDN article took me to this page:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_96a03094-2e92-4b5a-8410-53d143169ac5.xml.asp
>
> and
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>
> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this one.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi Will,
>> well this time there was another stop sode when i opened a jpeg,it goes
>> like
>> this
>> 0X000000E8(0XFF3DA8A8,0XFF2CCF00,0X00000000,0X00000000)
>> this sure seems to b changing every time..
>>
>> "Will Denny" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
>>> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup
>>> and
>>> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC
>>> reboots,
>>> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from
>>> the
>>> BSOD?
>>>
>>> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there
>>> may
>>> refer to the problem.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I/O Manager Routines
All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS drivers call IoXxx routines.

References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.

For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of Kernel-Mode Support Routines.

The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your driver.

IoCancelFileOpen

IoUpdateDiskGeometry

http://www.uscricket.com
"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message news:ecPpaBoAFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
> INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
> some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen' does!
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, Gaggan.
>>
>> Hmmm... Looks like you've found a real strange one there. :>(
>>
>> The first few references I looked at didn't show Stop Code 0xE8 at all.
>> Google turned it up in this article at AumHa.org:
>> TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
>> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>>
>> Even then, it's not in the normal sequence. Ctrl+F found it as a part of
>> the explanation for 0xE3, RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. Clicking on the link to the
>> MSDN article took me to this page:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_96a03094-2e92-4b5a-8410-53d143169ac5.xml.asp
>>
>> and
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>>
>> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
>> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
>> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this one.
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> hi Will,
>>> well this time there was another stop sode when i opened a jpeg,it goes
>>> like
>>> this
>>> 0X000000E8(0XFF3DA8A8,0XFF2CCF00,0X00000000,0X00000000)
>>> this sure seems to b changing every time..

That's as far as I've got David. I don't know too much about kernel-mode
drivers.

--

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I/O Manager Routines
All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS
drivers call IoXxx routines.

References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.

For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of
Kernel-Mode Support Routines.

The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your driver.

IoCancelFileOpen

IoUpdateDiskGeometry

http://www.uscricket.com
> Hi
>
> Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
> INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
> some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen' does!
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, Gaggan.
>>
>> Hmmm... Looks like you've found a real strange one there. :>(
>>
>> The first few references I looked at didn't show Stop Code 0xE8 at all.
>> Google turned it up in this article at AumHa.org:
>> TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
>> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>>
>> Even then, it's not in the normal sequence. Ctrl+F found it as a part of
>> the explanation for 0xE3, RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. Clicking on the link to
>> the
>> MSDN article took me to this page:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_96a03094-2e92-4b5a-8410-53d143169ac5.xml.asp
>>
>> and
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>>
>> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
>> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
>> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this
>> one.
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> hi Will,
>>> well this time there was another stop sode when i opened a jpeg,it goes
>>> like
>>> this
>>> 0X000000E8(0XFF3DA8A8,0XFF2CCF00,0X00000000,0X00000000)
>>> this sure seems to b changing every time..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The puzzling thing is it says drivers should not call it. I've added the driver groups to the post. Maybe one of them may take pity on Gagan.
http://www.uscricket.com
"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message news:u6hITaoAFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That's as far as I've got David. I don't know too much about kernel-mode
> drivers.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> I/O Manager Routines
> All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS
> drivers call IoXxx routines.
>
> References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.
>
> For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of
> Kernel-Mode Support Routines.
>
> The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your driver.
>
> IoCancelFileOpen
>
> IoUpdateDiskGeometry

> http://www.uscricket.com
>> Hi
>>
>> Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
>> INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
>> some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen' does!
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi, Gaggan.
>>>
>>> Hmmm... Looks like you've found a real strange one there. :>(
>>>
>>> The first few references I looked at didn't show Stop Code 0xE8 at all.
>>> Google turned it up in this article at AumHa.org:
>>> TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
>>> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
>>>
>>> Even then, it's not in the normal sequence. Ctrl+F found it as a part of
>>> the explanation for 0xE3, RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. Clicking on the link to
>>> the
>>> MSDN article took me to this page:
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_96a03094-2e92-4b5a-8410-53d143169ac5.xml.asp
>>>
>>> and
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>>>
>>> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
>>> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
>>> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this
>>> one.
>>>
>>> RC
>>> --
>>> R. C. White, CPA
>>> San Marcos, TX
>>> rc@corridor.net
>>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>>
>>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hello David and Gaggan,

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in ‘verifier’ and hit enter
3) Make sure ‘Create Standard Setting’ is selected and hit next
4) Click on ‘Select all drivers installed on this computer’ and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
‘Select driver names from a list’; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
“DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION”. If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn’t explain something well enough don’t
hesitate to e-mail me back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

> [...]
>>>
>>> and
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>>>
>>> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
>>> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
>>> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this
>>> one.
>>>
>>> RC
>>> --
>>> R. C. White, CPA
>>> San Marcos, TX
>>> rc@corridor.net
>>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>>
>>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

thx for tryin ...
well i did wat u said joshua, but when the blue screen appeared there was no
such msg as “DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION�
but i got the stop code...new again...lol..
0X000000E8(0XFF2FEE78,0XFF30D320,0X00000000,0X00000000)
well i'm sorry but i just can't seem to figure out how to send the minidump
file...if u could give me ur mail add. or something...
thx
gaggan

"Joshua Smith [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > IoCancelFileOpen
> >
> > IoUpdateDiskGeometry
> >

> > --
> > http://www.uscricket.com
> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
> >> INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
> >> some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen'
> >> does!
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi gaggan,

Just email it to me. You will have to remove the "online" portion of my
email address for it to reach me.

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

> [...]
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >

>> > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> > I/O Manager Routines
>> > All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS
>> > drivers call IoXxx routines.
>> >
>> > References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.
>> >
>> > For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of
>> > Kernel-Mode Support Routines.
>> >
>> > The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your
>> > driver.
>> >
>> > IoCancelFileOpen
>> >
>> > IoUpdateDiskGeometry
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.uscricket.com
>> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I still can't get my head round it!! Thanks David.

--

> [...]

>>> and
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_0260b383-4f3b-4d30-a093-fb266def1443.xml.asp
>>>
>>> But now that I've found that, I don't know what to do with it. (I'm an
>>> accountant, fer gosh sakes, not a techie of any kind!) Looks like you
>>> need a real guru. I hope Will Denny knows where to go next with this
>>> one.
>>>
>>> RC
>>> --
>>> R. C. White, CPA
>>> San Marcos, TX
>>> rc@corridor.net
>>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>>
>>> "gaggan" <gaggan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hello,

Gaggan had sent me a crash dump with Driver Verifier enabled and the
stack seemed to indicate this was caused by Magic Folders. Gaggan, did you
have a chance to try updating or uninstalling Magic Folders to see if this
issue went away? Here is the bugcheck analysis:

kd> !analyze -v
*
*
* Bugcheck Analysis
*
*
*

INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN (e8)
The fileobject passed to IoCancelFileOpen is invalid. It should have
reference
of 1. The driver that called IoCancelFileOpen is at fault.
Arguments:
Arg1: ff2fee78, FileObject passed to IoCancelFileOpen
Arg2: ff30d320, DeviceObject passed to IoCancelFileOpen
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xE8

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 80615315 to 805339ae

STACK_TEXT:
f109c2c0 80615315 000000e8 ff2fee78 ff30d320 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1b
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\ke\bugcheck.c @ 102]
f109c2f8 f955f10f ff30d320 ff2fee78 81ec6de0 nt!IoCancelFileOpen+0x2a
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 13636]
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be
wrong.
f109c320 f9560bd3 ff30d320 81ec6de0 81ec6fb8 MFX+0x110f
f109c35c 804e42cc ff30d320 81ec6de0 f109c3c0 MFX+0x2bd3
f109c38c 8066a9c9 ff2fee78 ff275308 8123b7b0 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0xa2
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 3509]
f109c3f8 f188dbb1 f109c640 f1894a17 8123b7b0 nt!IovCompleteRequest+0x9a
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\ioverifier.c @ 606]
f109c400 f1894a17 8123b7b0 81ec6de0 00000000
Fastfat!FatCompleteRequest_Real+0x49 [d:\xpsprtm\base\fs\fastfat\fatdata.c @
680]
f109c410 f189486d ff275210 ff3d3628 00000000 Fastfat!FatCommonCreate+0x12d6
[d:\xpsprtm\base\fs\fastfat\create.c @ 1932]
f109c640 f1891ce0 8123b7b0 81ec6de0 ff275210 Fastfat!FatCommonCreate+0x1136
[d:\xpsprtm\base\fs\fastfat\create.c @ 1939]
f109c684 804e3d77 ff275210 81ec6de0 806ee2e8 Fastfat!FatFsdCreate+0x52
[d:\xpsprtm\base\fs\fastfat\create.c @ 305]
f109c694 8066a2c5 ff284b38 8134cf38 81ec6de0 nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 2270]
f109c6b8 baf01876 ff284b38 8134cf38 81ec6d00 nt!IovCallDriver+0xa0
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\ioverifier.c @ 309]
f109c704 804e3d77 ff284bf0 81ec6de0 806ee2e8 sr!SrCreate+0x150
[d:\xpsprtm\admin\pchealth\sr\kernel\dispatch.c @ 1380]
f109c714 8066a2c5 81ec6fb0 81ec6fd4 81ec6de0 nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 2270]
f109c738 f9560b9c ff30d320 8134cd18 00000000 nt!IovCallDriver+0xa0
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\ioverifier.c @ 309]
f109c74c f9560c0b ff30d3d8 81ec6de0 804e3d77 MFX+0x2b9c
f109c78c 805cb3af ff03f478 81ec6fdc ff2fee78 MFX+0x2c0b
f109c7b0 f730ea1e ff30d320 81ec6de0 81ec6de0
nt!IoForwardIrpSynchronously+0x5c [d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\pnpmgr\pnpioapi.c
@ 3511]
f109c80c f730ecda ff03f478 81ec6de0 ff30d320 avg7rsxp+0x1a1e
f109c834 f730dff1 ff39c9d0 ff39ca88 804e3d77 avg7rsxp+0x1cda
f109c874 f98243f5 804e3d77 ff291020 81ec6de0 avg7rsxp+0xff1
f109c8ac 80570f9c 81306650 ff2c66ac f109ca54 avg7rsw+0x3f5
f109c98c 8056386c 81306668 00000000 ff2c6608 nt!IopParseDevice+0xa58
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\parse.c @ 1324]
f109ca14 80567c63 00000000 f109ca54 00000240 nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x56a
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\ob\obdir.c @ 2441]
f109ca68 80571477 00000000 00000000 564c2f00 nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0xeb
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\ob\obref.c @ 763]
f109cae4 80571546 f109cc20 00000081 f109cb8c nt!IopCreateFile+0x407
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 5530]
f109cb40 8058ed8f f109cc20 00000081 f109cb8c nt!IoCreateFile+0x8e
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\io\iomgr\iosubs.c @ 4832]
f109cbb4 8058f392 f109cbdc 00000081 f109cc14 nt!CcPfGetSectionObject+0x91
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\cache\prefetch.c @ 6917]
f109cc48 8058e971 f109cc70 00000000 00000000 nt!CcPfPrefetchSections+0x2b7
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\cache\prefetch.c @ 5136]
f109cc88 8058e7ed e1085000 00080000 8128c8b0 nt!CcPfPrefetchScenario+0x7b
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\cache\prefetch.c @ 4600]
f109cd04 80589368 8128c8b0 e180a408 00000000 nt!CcPfBeginAppLaunch+0x158
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\cache\prefetch.c @ 420]
f109cd50 804fa477 00000000 7c810867 00000001 nt!PspUserThreadStartup+0xeb
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\ps\create.c @ 2153]
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x16
[d:\xpsprtm\base\ntos\ke\i386\threadbg.asm @ 85]

FOLLOWUP_IP:
MFX+110f
f955f10f ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: xxxxxxx

SYMBOL_NAME: MFX+110f

MODULE_NAME: MFX

IMAGE_NAME: MFX.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 3bed6892

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xE8_MFX+110f

BUCKET_ID: 0xE8_MFX+110f

INTERNAL_BUCKET_URL:
http://dbgportal/DBGPortal_ViewBucket.asp?BucketID=0xE8_MFX%2b110f&FrameID=undefined

OCA_CRASHES: 209

Followup: xxxxxxx
---------

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

>I still can't get my head round it!! Thanks David.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> The puzzling thing is it says drivers should not call it. I've added the
> driver groups to the post. Maybe one of them may take pity on Gagan.
> http://www.uscricket.com
>> That's as far as I've got David. I don't know too much about kernel-mode
>> drivers.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> I/O Manager Routines
>> All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS
>> drivers call IoXxx routines.
>>
>> References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.
>>
>> For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of
>> Kernel-Mode Support Routines.
>>
>> The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your
>> driver.
>>
>> IoCancelFileOpen
>>
>> IoUpdateDiskGeometry
>>

>> --
>> http://www.uscricket.com
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Yes , a strange one. I got as far as the MS article "Bug Check 0xE8:
>>> INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN", which seems to point to a faulty driver of
>>> some kind. I'm trying to figure out exactly what 'IoCancelFileOpen'
>>> does!
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Right, thank you. I haven't come across Magic Folders before - seems to be
some kind of file hiding program.

--

"Joshua Smith [MSFT]" <joshsm@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>>> I/O Manager Routines
>>> All kernel-mode drivers except video and SCSI miniport drivers and NDIS
>>> drivers call IoXxx routines.
>>>
>>> References for the IoXxx routines are in alphabetical order.
>>>
>>> For an overview of the functionality of these routines, see Summary of
>>> Kernel-Mode Support Routines.
>>>
>>> The following routines are for system use. Do not use them in your
>>> driver.
>>>
>>> IoCancelFileOpen
>>>
>>> IoUpdateDiskGeometry
>>>

>>> --
>>> http://www.uscricket.com
>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

well uninstalling magic folders did do the trick.. everythinng's going quite
fine till now..thanks folks for ur help...
gaggan

Glad you are up & running again Gaggan.

--

> [...]
>> -----
>>
>> Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

>> rights
>>
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> >I still can't get my head round it!! Thanks David.
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > Will Denny
>> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >

>> > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> > The puzzling thing is it says drivers should not call it. I've added
>> > the
>> > driver groups to the post. Maybe one of them may take pity on Gagan.
>> > --
>> > http://www.uscricket.com
>> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Joshua,

As you know, all drivers in the file system filter chain have to behave
correctly or things can go south. This is a good example. You'll
notice AVG anti-virus is higher up the chain. Turns out it was causing
the problems. I believe they've fixed the problem in their latest
release.

Scott Chaney - Author: Magic Folders
http://pc-magic.com/