GA-7DXR Problems

G

I have recently put together a system using a gigbyte ga-7dxr mainboard, Athlon XP1700+, 256mb (Hyundai/Samsung) 2100ddr, Hercules Geforce2 64mb graphics & Sounblaster Live1024. On power-up however, nothing is registering on the monitor - I can't even get into BIOS! There seems to be power to the mainboard (fans running, etc). Any idea's would be gratefully received.

svol

Champion
Recheck if everything is connected properly, especially check if your AGP card is seated properly.
If it still doesn't works you can reset your BIOS, and try with only the CPU, mem and videocard plugged in the mobo.
Do you hear any beep tones at boot up?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Thanks svol - I'll try out your suggestions.

At boot up there were 3 beeps (1 followed by 2 quick).

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
1 long 2 short is video. The video card is not pushed in far enough. It requires a fair amount of force, more than you would think.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
Your prob is the soundblaster live card....i had the same board with a sblive and it wouldnt post....i removed it and got a turtle beach santa cruz and now im chillin....the best thing to do anytime you build a system is to install one component at a time so you can almost skip the troubleshooting process of removing components.....good luck man!...

make sure the multiplier is set right!

set the multiplier to 11 i think for your chip and fsb to 133.

i had the same problem until i set the multiplier to the right setting.

post back if that doesn't work or post if it worked too :)

i have the board so i can help ya out. i got all the bugs worked out on mine. it's really nice and stable (had it running for 7 days strait and was fine)

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>