27 hours EQ22 down now - anyone remember what the longest ..

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well EQ" has been down for 27 hours now. I dutifully logged off when the
usual 3.pm message came up but it seems the servers are in a mess big time.

Just out of curiosity what was the longest time people can remember EQ1
being down?

In article <0m_wd.4915259$yk.736808@news.easynews.com>, Nick wrote:
> Well EQ" has been down for 27 hours now. I dutifully logged off when the
> usual 3.pm message came up but it seems the servers are in a mess big
> time.
>
> Just out of curiosity what was the longest time people can remember EQ1
> being down?

My EQ1 server, The Nameless, was down for pretty much a whole weekend once.
It died, and Sony said it was a serious hardware failure, and a new server
was being installed. That ran a while, and then it dies, and it took them a
day or so to get a third server.

--
--Tim Smith

"Nick" <nsub1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Well EQ" has been down for 27 hours now. I dutifully logged off when the
> usual 3.pm message came up but it seems the servers are in a mess big
> time.
>
> Just out of curiosity what was the longest time people can remember EQ1
> being down?

I dont remember actual times, but I think the patching after luclin
expansion was the worst.

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in

> "Nick" <nsub1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Well EQ" has been down for 27 hours now. I dutifully logged off when
>> the usual 3.pm message came up but it seems the servers are in a mess
>> big time.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity what was the longest time people can remember
>> EQ1 being down?
>>

> I dont remember actual times, but I think the patching after luclin
> expansion was the worst.

Probably, the patching and repatching and repatching ad nauseum after SoL
was probably the worst.

As I recall, Tunare was down for a while due to some hardware issues also
at some point, but might have been a different server.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 18 Dwarven Shaman, 16 Scholar

"Graeme Faelban" wrote:
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in
>
> > "Nick" <nsub1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >> Well EQ" has been down for 27 hours now. I dutifully logged off when
> >> the usual 3.pm message came up but it seems the servers are in a mess
> >> big time.
> >>
> >> Just out of curiosity what was the longest time people can remember
> >> EQ1 being down?
> >>

> > I dont remember actual times, but I think the patching after luclin
> > expansion was the worst.
> >

> Probably, the patching and repatching and repatching ad nauseum after SoL
> was probably the worst.

Thanks, folks. Until now, I had successfully blocked the SoL fiasco from
memory. ;-)

Crash