Logitech Launches Neat Solar-Powered Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If Darkness could power this, it would have enough power to power my house. But its completely useless since it is powered by something nonexistent in my room. I prefer gaming in Darkness as well as all my "other" personal activities.

G

Looks pretty slick, but $80 is a bit steep considering there aren't any multimedia or gaming controls. Also, that glossy finish is nothing but a magnet for fingerprints and scratches.

Did you read it can run for 3 months in total darkness? Im sure the 2 minutes of your "other" personal activites and a few hours of gaming would be fine. Still I find the idea a bit silly for a keyboard.

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Please people. Read the entire post before writing something idiotic. It...works...in...the...dark.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
For the people who say "I game in the dark"....does that mean you have no monitor on whatsoever, and therefore game in complete darkness? Seriously, the light from a LCD and any other light should be enough to give it some juice.

Sounds like a sweet product. I would complain, but the batteries in this keyboard literally last like 1 year, even when I was gaming.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Love it! I have light where I use my PC plenty enough of the time to keep this thing running. How many people use calculators that don't have a solar panel other than high end graphing calculators?

IClassStriker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
alright, honestly this is a great idea, we have so much of those damn pessimists in this community that it's almost becoming like yahoo news.

READ THE FULL F*CKING STORY BEFORE POSTING BS!!!

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I don't know about you guys, but even though I game in the dark, and there isn't much ambient light in the space genre games I play, the pr0n I watch is filmed during the day, so the monitor is pretty bright in a dark room. There usually isn't much key clicking involved then, so if the keyboard dies, I simply need to watch more pr0n to game longer. See honey, pr0n *is* necessary. That, or hold my flashlight more often and I'll need to watch less pr0n. (Take that how you will)

;) Pr0n Powered. Best Keyboard evar.

I want to see a test :) Claims are one thing, energy saving florescent bulbs another. I know those old solar powered calculators don't work so good with energy saving bulbs.
Will it hold a charge all night? Will it power up and reconnect to my PC when I turn on the light?

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Me. I want one.

To all naysayers, as had been said before me: read the whole damn story! This thing can last for a month on a single charge.

And to those who are skeptic about late-night gaming sessions, there were (still)some days between nights, last time I checked. So, unless you live in a cave or under a rock, the keyboard is bound to get some juice.

krolo

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
I wonder what the latency is for gaming. I would love to get rid of the rats nest but not if it affects my APM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.