Whenever I start up my computer it automatically runs Disk Check. It only
performs this task on the partitioned part of my hard drive. Can anyone out
there please explain why and also how to stop it. Thanks in advance for any
help.
--
Terry

Go to Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter. Then type in:
chkntfs /x c: , and hit enter. Reboot your computer.

[This disables CHKDSK from running on drive C:]

CHKNTFS.EXE: What You Can Use It For
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=160963

Chkdsk in Read-Only Mode Does Not Detect Corruption on NTFS Volume
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q283340

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP