Skyrim -- texture skipping glitch

spinblade

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hi. I'm noticing a bit of a texture and light/shadow glitch in Skyrim. If I turn slowly in some areas, the textures on the walls and floor sometimes "skip". Like if I'm outside and turn slowly, the light and shadow on the ground sometimes kind of skip and change. Example, an area in front of me might be shadowy, I turn a degree to the left or right and it goes sunny. Or if I'm inside looking at the walls; there might be a particular type of stoney texture on the wall, I turn a bit to the left or right and it skips to another kind of stoney texture instead of just being steady. Is there a fix? Does everyone get this? Thanks.

spinblade

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Okay. Thanks. Just a general bug then.

@13thmonkey, yeah, I've had that too, like flags and banners and mural type things vanish if you turn slightly one way or the other and then reappear as you turn back.

computadoro

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Ok i figured it out... the solution for me was to go into CatalystCC, and turn Catalist A.I texture Filtering quality to high quality, and uncheck the Enable Surface Format Optimization box. Solved my problem you should try it.