installation slow and freezes

Everytime I go to install a program on my computer, It takes forever to load
and when it finally loads (5 minutes later, literally), it takes forever to
continue and that's if it doesn't freeze. I even bought more memory for my
computer to see if it would make it any faster and that didn't do a thing. I
just got a new DVD burner and had it put in my computer. I am still having
the same problems with that drive too. I can't even install the program for
the DVD burner. Someone please help me!! I haven't been able to install
anything on my computer for about 6 months now!

Hey, I hate to say it, But if you are having all these problems,, Just do a
format and do a full clean install. Wipe it clean and do it again. One more
thing, if its a store bought computer, Don't use all there junk to install it
back. Put the XP disk in and let it format and install the OS and then
install the drivers if need. Good luck
NetDag