game freezes computer with no error reports - HELP

The Sims 2 causes the computer to stop responding, sometimes while it´s
but then I updated all my drivers, installed SP2 and Norton anti-virus and
downloaded the game patch, the game started freezing. I tried several
different system settings and nothing worked, so I formatted everything and
installed just the Windows XP home and the game, and still the problem
continued.

Event viewer doesn´t show any errors, dxdiag shows that everything is fine
according to the game´s requirememnts, and I have no clue what´s causing
this.

Any help as to how can I monitor my computer would be appreciated.

I would guess it has something to do with video card drivers. I have noticed
with other Sim games that the wrong driver will cause strange things to
happen. You might check on the Sims website, and/or try different version of
the video driver.

Jeff S
out1649@hotmail.com