right click menu

i recently installed nero on my pc- after the installation the right click
menu on my hard drive and on my removable drives changed to search firstas
opposed to open first- so now if i double click a search window comes up as
oposed to opening the desired drive?
I tried uninstalling nero andre installing that didnt seem to help . Does
anyone have any ideas?
Thx
Ellis
1 answer Last reply
More about right click menu

    Hi Ellis,

    This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
    File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
    feature for folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    (Courtesy of David Candy)

    To fix this manually via registry:

    If this problem is seen for Drives:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    If this problem is seen for folders:

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ellis10" <ellis10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i recently installed nero on my pc- after the installation the right click
    > menu on my hard drive and on my removable drives changed to search firstas
    > opposed to open first- so now if i double click a search window comes up
    > as
    > oposed to opening the desired drive?
    > I tried uninstalling nero andre installing that didnt seem to help . Does
    > anyone have any ideas?
    > Thx
    > Ellis

Microsoft Nero Windows XP