Tired of EQ2 already -- wondering if WoW has these same pr..

I like EQ2. I really do. Sure, unless you have a decent machine to
run it on (I don't and can't afford to upgrade), the graphics on my
machine is worse than CoH or EQ1 ever was -- people are nearly
faceless, costumes look all grey unless you get up close, etc.. I
almost stop moving at all when I zone into Qeynos Harbor, or even
Castleview Hamlet during prime time. And the combat and trade
systems itself feels more like whackamole than an rpg. But still, the
world feels big, and some of the quests are kind of fun (Firemyst is a
blast).

BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
fellow group members without healer, tank etc. The tradeskill system
gives incentive to people to not produce trade items that other
tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can use them.
Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense. No
one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
else who's actually lfg. And the rare times that I do get a group, I
feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
need another nearby mob for my own quests.

Now, honestly, if I'm going to be exp grinding, the quality of the
group tends to be far better. But I didnt' come to EQ2 to repeat the
same old combats over and over and over again. Camping (as well as CH
chains and raiding) is what burned me out on EQ1 to begin with.

So my question is, does WoW have similar problems? I am not a
Warcraft fan at all, so if I come to Warcraft, it won't be for the
graphics or for the world, but for a sense of community. I don't want
to spend all day with LFG up soloing -- Soloing is fine to kill time
between groups, or when I'm home sick and don't want to inflict my
nyquil-soaked brain on others. But it's not really why I play these
types of games.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Graham Zaretsky wrote:
> I like EQ2. I really do. Sure, unless you have a decent machine to
> run it on (I don't and can't afford to upgrade), the graphics on my
> machine is worse than CoH or EQ1 ever was -- people are nearly
> faceless, costumes look all grey unless you get up close, etc.. I
> almost stop moving at all when I zone into Qeynos Harbor, or even
> Castleview Hamlet during prime time. And the combat and trade
> systems itself feels more like whackamole than an rpg. But still, the
> world feels big, and some of the quests are kind of fun (Firemyst is a
> blast).
>
> BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
> actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
> fellow group members without healer, tank etc. The tradeskill system
> gives incentive to people to not produce trade items that other
> tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can use them.
> Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
> another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
> camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
> who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense. No
> one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
> same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
> else who's actually lfg. And the rare times that I do get a group, I
> feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
> others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
> need another nearby mob for my own quests.
>
> Now, honestly, if I'm going to be exp grinding, the quality of the
> group tends to be far better. But I didnt' come to EQ2 to repeat the
> same old combats over and over and over again. Camping (as well as CH
> chains and raiding) is what burned me out on EQ1 to begin with.
>
> So my question is, does WoW have similar problems? I am not a
> Warcraft fan at all, so if I come to Warcraft, it won't be for the
> graphics or for the world, but for a sense of community. I don't want
> to spend all day with LFG up soloing -- Soloing is fine to kill time
> between groups, or when I'm home sick and don't want to inflict my
> nyquil-soaked brain on others. But it's not really why I play these
> types of games.

My first reaction to this is to encourage you to seek out a decent
guild, which would probably do a lot to solve the problems of playing
with people who's primary focus is only their own limited agenda. But I
do not have experience with EQ II yet, so I don't know where you might
begin the search for a good one or how. Perhaps on the server boards on
the SOE Website for the game? I don't know yet what resources exist
there for this kind of thing.

But really, what you described above doesn't sound a whole lot different
that what one might experience in EQ 1, if they are not in a guild of
friends who enjoy playing together and helping each other out.

--
Get Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox

Get Firefox! - The Browser You Can Trust

In article <cq47m702bef@news3.newsguy.com>,
"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I'll just end by saying that toward the end of my EQ2 month, I'd experienced
> a ton of things I'd like to see modified or done away with--and like you,
> there's still much about EQ2 I like. After my WoW month, however, there's
> very little of that--zoning is so inconsequential as to be almost a
> non-issue, the graphics aren't the "latest and bestest", but they look

Is there any zoning in WoW? I had thought that going from Tedrassil to
the main Alliance continent involved quick zoning, since to get to the
place with the birds and boats, you go through a portal. It loads very
fast, but I thought they might have hidden zoning in there.

However, yesterday I found a place where I could go over the rim of
seemingly impassable mountains that block the edges of Tedrassil, and
fell to my death. (It is a *long* fall...Tedrassil is very high!).
When I went back in ghost form, rather than getting my corpse, I jumped
off the branch I had fallen to, and fell quite a ways more, and landed
in the sea, where I was able to swim around to the place where the birds
and boats are, so that is NOT in another zone like I had thought.

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith wrote:
> Is there any zoning in WoW?

There is, but it's practically seamless, and I've only rarely seen a loading
screen. Even then it's usually so quick as to be almost inconsequential.

A very nice thing is that it's almost always less than a minute--a lot of
the time *way* less--from the time I click the WoW icon on my desktop until
I'm actually *in* the game.
--
chainbreaker

"Michael" <NOSPAM_Lin_mukai@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Graham Zaretsky wrote:
>
> My first reaction to this is to encourage you to seek out a decent
> guild, which would probably do a lot to solve the problems of playing
> with people who's primary focus is only their own limited agenda. But I
> do not have experience with EQ II yet, so I don't know where you might
> begin the search for a good one or how. Perhaps on the server boards on
> the SOE Website for the game? I don't know yet what resources exist
> there for this kind of thing.
>
> But really, what you described above doesn't sound a whole lot different
> that what one might experience in EQ 1, if they are not in a guild of
> friends who enjoy playing together and helping each other out.

Having enjoyed being in a guild in EQ1, we've been looking around for one in
EQ2.
Our characters are up to 15 and have developed their tradeskills also, so
hopefully we may have something to offer to a guild.

Anyway, we ended up grouping with someone from a prospective guild the other
night, and it was not fun.
We had never killed Rotweed before(I did let him know that before we went
in), and took a death or two until we got the gist of the spawn waves.
Once we managed to get that done, it was off to get rid of the xp debt - we
ended up in Blackburrow which was realllly scary, and a couple more death
ensued.

After completing our quest and fixing up the xp debt again, we all went our
separate ways.
Although we did get good xp and learn a bit about how the fight goes in a
larger group, I didn't enjoy it as much as being by ourselves.

So what is my point? hehehe...you will also come across people who are
guilded that also have their own agenda, so if you can try a few groups and
see how the people in them interact....you might make some really great
friends that you can group with time and time again.

"Tim Smith" wrote:
> In article <cq47m702bef@news3.newsguy.com>,
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > I'll just end by saying that toward the end of my EQ2 month, I'd
experienced
> > a ton of things I'd like to see modified or done away with--and like
you,
> > there's still much about EQ2 I like. After my WoW month, however,
there's
> > very little of that--zoning is so inconsequential as to be almost a
> > non-issue, the graphics aren't the "latest and bestest", but they look
>
> Is there any zoning in WoW? I had thought that going from Tedrassil to
> the main Alliance continent involved quick zoning, since to get to the
> place with the birds and boats, you go through a portal. It loads very
> fast, but I thought they might have hidden zoning in there.

That's the only time I've seen anything close to EQLive-esque zoning in WoW
.... when moving from one continent to the other.

Crash

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
> BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
>actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
>fellow group members without healer, tank etc.

I'm not seeing this very much on Antonia Bayle (on the Freeport side, I just
hit 16 and started the betrayal quest, so I'll know about Qeynos soon).
There are certainly idiots and inconsiderate players, but the majority of
groups I've been in have been willing to help each other out, and to help
each other get quest items rather than dropping when they have what they need.

I strongly prefer to group, which is why I play an Enchanter. Most of my
guild has outlevelled me by a long shot, so I spend the majority of my time in
pickup groups. So far I've had only a few times where the group just didn't
work and I had to leave. Dozens of groups have been fun, friendly, helpful
people.

The community feeling is certainly less than I found in EQ1. The groups last
for shorter periods, and there's almost no interaction between groups (no
drive-by buffs, no "/ooc <thingy> to first taker in <campname>".

>The tradeskill system gives incentive to people to not produce trade
>items that other tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can
>use them.

I'd argue that this is a failing of the vendor system, not the tradeskill
system. Having to be online and inactive to sell things really bites. I'm
not a bit tradeskiller, though, so I'll take your word on it.

>Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
>another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
>camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
>who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense.

Possibly just a random idiot, I doubt there's any game that's free from them.
If this is the norm, I recommend trying a different server. It's not that way
everywhere.

>one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
>same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
>else who's actually lfg.

Really? Groups I've found are very death-averse. After a wipe, it takes
effort to get them to try again sometimes, unless we can add a person or
something.

>Now, honestly, if I'm going to be exp grinding, the quality of the
>group tends to be far better. But I didnt' come to EQ2 to repeat the
>same old combats over and over and over again. Camping (as well as CH
>chains and raiding) is what burned me out on EQ1 to begin with.

Ahh, I see, maybe. If you're looking for short-term helpers for quests
you're on, you get offended that you're treated as a short-term helper
for quests your groupmates are on?

If you plan to spend a few hours in a zone, and don't really care what you
kill, you may find better groups. Or maybe not - perhaps I've just been
lucky.

>So my question is, does WoW have similar problems?

I'd love to hear reports of WoW as well, from people who prefer to spend hours
in a pickup group over soloing and running back and forth for dumb "find X,
Kill Y" quests. From what I can tell, the community aspect is rather less
than EQ2.
--
Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:33:52 GMT, Graham Zaretsky
<grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:

>I like EQ2. I really do. Sure, unless you have a decent machine to
>run it on (I don't and can't afford to upgrade), the graphics on my
>machine is worse than CoH or EQ1 ever was --

WoW has much lower system requirements. It looks great on mid-level
systems. If your system chokes on EQ2 it will most likely run WoW just
fine.

>BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
>actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
>fellow group members without healer, tank etc.

In WoW you can share quests with people (if they are elligible). So if
you get in a group and you are working on a quest or they are, you can
share them between you. This does wonders for keeping pick-up groups
together and giving everyone a common purpose. If you see a couple of
people standing outside of a cave or other mob area, it is common for
them to group you up and share the quest with you if they need a
little more muscle to pull it off.

>The tradeskill system gives incentive to people to not produce trade items that other
>tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can use them.

You are still reliant on other players for tradeskills in WoW, but so
far from what I have seen the system has more incentives to get people
to work together. Auction houses allow you to sell finished goods on
consignment (meaning you can go hunt or log off and still sell your
goods). It works just like ebay for the buyer and seller and the
"house" takes a cut which should help keep mudflation down. As an
example I need leather for some smithing recipes, but my primary
skills are mining and smithing. I can bid on or "buy now" leather in
the auction house and then go and collect the ores and other items I
need. After a couple of hours I can sit down at the forge and anvil
and craft the weapons or armor that I want.

>Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
>another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
>camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
>who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense.

Spawning in WoW seems to be based on the number of players in the
area. The more players the faster the respawns is what I have seen.
Named quest mobs spawn within 10-20 minutes from what I have seen and
if you drop them with a group, everyone gets the quest drop. This
eliminates the need to camp/kill repeatedly for all group members, and
stops most KS'ing.

>No one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
>same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
>else who's actually lfg.

Getting groups in WoW for me has been so easy it's almost laughable. I
am terminally shy, and with the way quest sharing works and the fast
respawning of mobs players are quick to grab other people to tag along
with them.

>And the rare times that I do get a group, I
>feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
>others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
>need another nearby mob for my own quests.

Again quest sharing helps with this. If you need the mob, share the
quest and your groupmates will need it too. It's really one of the
best features of the game.

>Now, honestly, if I'm going to be exp grinding, the quality of the
>group tends to be far better. But I didnt' come to EQ2 to repeat the
>same old combats over and over and over again. Camping (as well as CH
>chains and raiding) is what burned me out on EQ1 to begin with.

Camping is generally the result of players having to kill the same
mobs over and over again to get the drops they want. This isn't the
case in WoW. Also the best exp is quest exp. You are much better off
doing quests (which results in killing level appropriate mobs that
give exp along the way), than grinding away for levels. Also the quest
results are generally better than mob drops, so you see very little
mob camping. The quests give you things to do, and the levels and exp
flow while you do them. I haven't felt the "grind" yet in WoW.

>So my question is, does WoW have similar problems?

No game is perfect, and you will run into jerks online no matter what
you are doing. I personally feel that WoW addresses the issue you
brought up much better than EQ2. I think over time EQ2 will evolve and
solve most of the teething problems it has now. I still plan on going
back to EQ2 in the future, but right now WoW is the game I will be
playing.

>I am not a Warcraft fan at all, so if I come to Warcraft, it won't be for the
>graphics or for the world, but for a sense of community.

It will cost you $49.99US+tax to try it out for a month. It's really
up to you.

>I don't want to spend all day with LFG up soloing -- Soloing is fine to kill time
>between groups, or when I'm home sick and don't want to inflict my
>nyquil-soaked brain on others. But it's not really why I play these
>types of games.

Compared to EQ1 and EQ2, I have found it MUCH easier to solo or group
whenever I want in WoW. Your results may vary.

Cheers

>I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
> same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
> else who's actually lfg. And the rare times that I do get a group, I
> feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
> others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
> need another nearby mob for my own quests.

Personally I believe this is caused because you cant solo effectively in
EQ2. People are joining groups not because they want to group but because
they HAVE to group to progress.

If this wasn't the case then you would have people looking for groups who
genuinely enjoy playing as a group and all of what that entails.

As it is now you just have a huge amount of solo style players wanting to
group to complete quests and collect chests, none of which you can do
without a group. It's the fault of SOE for trying to force a game style on
players instead of allowing them to do their own thing.

Patrik

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> writes:

> BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
> actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
> fellow group members without healer, tank etc. The tradeskill system
> gives incentive to people to not produce trade items that other
> tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can use them.

How does the tradeskill system give incentive to using alts instead of
depending on other players, unless you mean by making it possible? I
see a lot of trading of crafting components in the trader channel, but
I gave up on crafting at level 11 so I'm not really following it.

> Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
> another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
> camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
> who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense. No
> one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
> same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
> else who's actually lfg. And the rare times that I do get a group, I
> feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
> others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
> need another nearby mob for my own quests.

I haven't much seen this problem in my groups - most people will help
others with their quest mobs even if they don't need them themselves,
and will usually not drop immediately when they're done (there is
still exp and loot to be had, after all). And rarely does anyone mind
inviting more people if it's needed. There is a bit less socialising
in groups than in EQ, I think, probably because fighting is more
intense and there is very little downtime (something that WoW probably
also suffers from, though my experience there is limited to getting
two characters to level 4, solo), but on the whole it's not as bad as
you describe. Maybe Runnyeye is better than wherever you played,
unless it was on Runnyeye, or maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's my
brilliant wit and charm. ;-)

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Pamela Carlton wrote:
> "Michael" <NOSPAM_Lin_mukai@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Graham Zaretsky wrote:
>>
>>My first reaction to this is to encourage you to seek out a decent
>>guild, which would probably do a lot to solve the problems of playing
>>with people who's primary focus is only their own limited agenda. But I
>>do not have experience with EQ II yet, so I don't know where you might
>>begin the search for a good one or how. Perhaps on the server boards on
>>the SOE Website for the game? I don't know yet what resources exist
>>there for this kind of thing.
>>
>>But really, what you described above doesn't sound a whole lot different
>>that what one might experience in EQ 1, if they are not in a guild of
>>friends who enjoy playing together and helping each other out.
>>

> Having enjoyed being in a guild in EQ1, we've been looking around for one in
> EQ2.
> Our characters are up to 15 and have developed their tradeskills also, so
> hopefully we may have something to offer to a guild.
>
> Anyway, we ended up grouping with someone from a prospective guild the other
> night, and it was not fun.
> We had never killed Rotweed before(I did let him know that before we went
> in), and took a death or two until we got the gist of the spawn waves.
> Once we managed to get that done, it was off to get rid of the xp debt - we
> ended up in Blackburrow which was realllly scary, and a couple more death
> ensued.
>
> After completing our quest and fixing up the xp debt again, we all went our
> separate ways.
> Although we did get good xp and learn a bit about how the fight goes in a
> larger group, I didn't enjoy it as much as being by ourselves.
>
> So what is my point? hehehe...you will also come across people who are
> guilded that also have their own agenda, so if you can try a few groups and
> see how the people in them interact....you might make some really great
> friends that you can group with time and time again.

That's a good point. Although I like playing with my guildies whenever I
can, I have made some good friends and look for them on some of the
crazy off hours I play, which they just happen to often be around for too.

--

"Graham Zaretsky" <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>I like EQ2. I really do. Sure, unless you have a decent machine to
> run it on (I don't and can't afford to upgrade), the graphics on my
> machine is worse than CoH or EQ1 ever was -- people are nearly
> faceless, costumes look all grey unless you get up close, etc.. I
> almost stop moving at all when I zone into Qeynos Harbor, or even
> Castleview Hamlet during prime time. And the combat and trade
> systems itself feels more like whackamole than an rpg. But still, the
> world feels big, and some of the quests are kind of fun (Firemyst is a
> blast).
>
> BUT the community feeling is just not there. The quest system
> actually gives incentive to people to drop from groups early, leaving
> fellow group members without healer, tank etc. The tradeskill system
> gives incentive to people to not produce trade items that other
> tradeskill classes need, and instead create alts that can use them.
> Elitism and intollerance are so rampant that when I appologized to
> another group for accidentally pulling a mob that another group was
> camping (we didn't know they were camping it) I got grief fro our tank
> who proceded to drop from the group a minute later over nonsense. No
> one is recruiting to group -- I've seen groups prefer to wipe on the
> same mobs over and over again sooner than to try to invite someone
> else who's actually lfg. And the rare times that I do get a group, I
> feel like I'm treated like an npc or a pet. I'm just a tool for
> others to achieve their personal goals, and screw me if I happen to
> need another nearby mob for my own quests.
>
> Now, honestly, if I'm going to be exp grinding, the quality of the
> group tends to be far better. But I didnt' come to EQ2 to repeat the
> same old combats over and over and over again. Camping (as well as CH
> chains and raiding) is what burned me out on EQ1 to begin with.
>
> So my question is, does WoW have similar problems? I am not a
> Warcraft fan at all, so if I come to Warcraft, it won't be for the
> graphics or for the world, but for a sense of community. I don't want
> to spend all day with LFG up soloing -- Soloing is fine to kill time
> between groups, or when I'm home sick and don't want to inflict my
> nyquil-soaked brain on others. But it's not really why I play these
> types of games.

All the grouping ive done in WoW has been for particular quests. I tend to
take all the quests I can get in an area, and solo as many as I can. Some
are too tough, I leave those and mvoe onto something else. When I hear
someone asking for people to help with that quest, I join up, do the quest
with them, and then sually go on my way again.

Some people you can click with, so you ad them to friends and team up for
future quests.

I have never seen a group formed to grind xp. You can solo very effectively
with just about any class tho, so it doesnt matter. Quest is faster xp tho,
if you dont get bogged down on it, since youre geting xp from the monsters
and the questgiver (questreceiver actually).

> Is there any zoning in WoW? I had thought that going from Tedrassil to
> the main Alliance continent involved quick zoning, since to get to the
> place with the birds and boats, you go through a portal. It loads very
> fast, but I thought they might have hidden zoning in there.
>
> However, yesterday I found a place where I could go over the rim of
> seemingly impassable mountains that block the edges of Tedrassil, and
> fell to my death. (It is a *long* fall...Tedrassil is very high!).
> When I went back in ghost form, rather than getting my corpse, I jumped
> off the branch I had fallen to, and fell quite a ways more, and landed
> in the sea, where I was able to swim around to the place where the birds
> and boats are, so that is NOT in another zone like I had thought.
>
> --
> --Tim Smith

You have to "zone" between Kalimdor and the eastern continents, and you
"zone" into instances and also the tram between stormwind and ironforge.
Apart from that its all continuous. Tedrassil is just part of the kalimdor
system, and you could swim across if it wanst for fatigue.

You can swim around the whole continent if you so choose. The regions within
the continents are purely for content, the engine doesnt recognize them as
zones.

> Spawning in WoW seems to be based on the number of players in the
> area. The more players the faster the respawns is what I have seen.

Spawning in WoW is very fast, and it makes for a challenge on many quests.
Some are really bad, like the bloodsail buccaneers in stranglehown, where
you have to kill 3 bosses each on a separate boat.

> Again quest sharing helps with this. If you need the mob, share the
> quest and your groupmates will need it too. It's really one of the
> best features of the game.

One annoying feature is that the quests often have several stages, and you
cant share (for example) part 3 of a quest with someone who hasnt done part
2.

> Camping is generally the result of players having to kill the same
> mobs over and over again to get the drops they want. This isn't the
> case in WoW. Also the best exp is quest exp. You are much better off
> doing quests (which results in killing level appropriate mobs that
> give exp along the way), than grinding away for levels. Also the quest
> results are generally better than mob drops, so you see very little
> mob camping. The quests give you things to do, and the levels and exp
> flow while you do them. I haven't felt the "grind" yet in WoW.

That depends on the quest. Most are ok, but ive blown a lot of time on
stupid quests with vague instructions. The really good quests are where you
can combine several at once, like killing x trolls, and another quest to
collect x drops off trolls.
Also 2 quests to kill 2 different monster types that spawn in the same area.
1000 needles is a good place for this.

Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net> wrote:

> I'd love to hear reports of WoW as well, from people who prefer to spend hours
> in a pickup group over soloing and running back and forth for dumb "find X,
> Kill Y" quests. From what I can tell, the community aspect is rather less
> than EQ2.

I have not attempted to form or join a guild in WOW yet, as my two
characters are Level 11 [mage] and Level 10 [hunter]. I can say that I
did a lot more grouping with my mage than I have with my hunter,
probably because of the classes that I chose in each case, gnome and
tauren respectively. What I can say that in both cases the groups I
have joined have been pretty easy to find and everybody was always
friendly and respectful. The groups have all been relatively short
termed, often a couple of hours while we quest together, but rarely have
I come back another day and grouped with the same person again. The
option is there, but it just hasn't happened with me. In EQ2, I found
it inordinately hard to group unless there were a lot of people around.
I found that if there were less than 25 people on the server I was
playing [newbie island or qeynos] that it was nearly impossible to find
people to even answer queries to group little enough find people willing
to do it. I don't understand it, but for a game so focused on group
activity it just found it very tedious to actually form a group with
people that cared.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse