Need RAM Upgrade Info Desperately!

I have been trying for days to find information on the compatible RAM chip I
need for my PC. I am house-bound so have tried purchasing online.
I have an Intel Pentium III Processor, Speed 651 MHz. RAM Capacity 128MB,
Physical Mem 112MB. Virtual Memory 2GB.
Hard Disk Capacity 19.07 GB
Operating System Win XP Pro Service Pack 2

My system is crashing consistently and I don't have sufficient RAM to
support many of the software and projects I want access to. I plan to upgrade
to 256MB.

Please help,
Terry

Peace is not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.
4 answers Last reply
More about need upgrade info desperately

    Visit www.crucial.com . They have a RAM configuration
    tool which allows the selection of your specific computer
    or motherboard make and model.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Peaceworks" wrote:

    | I have been trying for days to find information on the compatible RAM chip I
    | need for my PC. I am house-bound so have tried purchasing online.
    | I have an Intel Pentium III Processor, Speed 651 MHz. RAM Capacity 128MB,
    | Physical Mem 112MB. Virtual Memory 2GB.
    | Hard Disk Capacity 19.07 GB
    | Operating System Win XP Pro Service Pack 2
    |
    | My system is crashing consistently and I don't have sufficient RAM to
    | support many of the software and projects I want access to. I plan to upgrade
    | to 256MB.
    |
    | Please help,
    | Terry
    |
    | Peace is not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.

    Thank you Carey Frisch, problem solved.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Visit www.crucial.com . They have a RAM configuration
    > tool which allows the selection of your specific computer
    > or motherboard make and model.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Peaceworks" wrote:
    >
    > | I have been trying for days to find information on the compatible RAM chip I
    > | need for my PC. I am house-bound so have tried purchasing online.
    > | I have an Intel Pentium III Processor, Speed 651 MHz. RAM Capacity 128MB,
    > | Physical Mem 112MB. Virtual Memory 2GB.
    > | Hard Disk Capacity 19.07 GB
    > | Operating System Win XP Pro Service Pack 2
    > |
    > | My system is crashing consistently and I don't have sufficient RAM to
    > | support many of the software and projects I want access to. I plan to upgrade
    > | to 256MB.
    > |
    > | Please help,
    > | Terry
    > |
    > | Peace is not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.

    The major RAM suppliers have RAM selector tools on their web sites. All you
    do is plug in your exact make and model of computer, and the RAM selector
    shows you exactly what you need. For example, look at Crucial
    (www.crucial.com).

    More RAM may not solve your crashing problem, but you'll be much better off
    with more than 128MB. 256MB is about the minimum you need for acceptably
    fast performance in XP. You'll be happier with 512MB.

    Whatever, don't buy the cheap stuff. For a few more bucks, buy Crucial,
    Kensington, Corsair or Viking.

    Modem Ani

    "Peaceworks" <Peaceworks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have been trying for days to find information on the compatible RAM chip
    > need for my PC. I am house-bound so have tried purchasing online.
    > I have an Intel Pentium III Processor, Speed 651 MHz. RAM Capacity 128MB,
    > Physical Mem 112MB. Virtual Memory 2GB.
    > Hard Disk Capacity 19.07 GB
    > Operating System Win XP Pro Service Pack 2
    >
    > My system is crashing consistently and I don't have sufficient RAM to
    > support many of the software and projects I want access to. I plan to
    upgrade
    > to 256MB.
    >
    > Please help,
    > Terry
    >
    > Peace is not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.

    Thank you Modern Ani, problem solved.

    "Modem Ani" wrote:

    > The major RAM suppliers have RAM selector tools on their web sites. All you
    > do is plug in your exact make and model of computer, and the RAM selector
    > shows you exactly what you need. For example, look at Crucial
    > (www.crucial.com).
    >
    > More RAM may not solve your crashing problem, but you'll be much better off
    > with more than 128MB. 256MB is about the minimum you need for acceptably
    > fast performance in XP. You'll be happier with 512MB.
    >
    > Whatever, don't buy the cheap stuff. For a few more bucks, buy Crucial,
    > Kensington, Corsair or Viking.
    >
    > Modem Ani
    >
    > "Peaceworks" <Peaceworks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have been trying for days to find information on the compatible RAM chip
    > > need for my PC. I am house-bound so have tried purchasing online.
    > > I have an Intel Pentium III Processor, Speed 651 MHz. RAM Capacity 128MB,
    > > Physical Mem 112MB. Virtual Memory 2GB.
    > > Hard Disk Capacity 19.07 GB
    > > Operating System Win XP Pro Service Pack 2
    > >
    > > My system is crashing consistently and I don't have sufficient RAM to
    > > support many of the software and projects I want access to. I plan to
    > upgrade
    > > to 256MB.
    > >
    > > Please help,
    > > Terry
    > >
    > > Peace is not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.

RAM Windows XP