Sign in with
Your question

What do u guys think about the GA-7VTXH

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2001 1:27:10 AM

I just wanted to know what u all thought about the gigabyte GA-7VTXH mobo. it looks really nice to me. tell me what u think, this and a 1600 XP Athlon, ATI all in wonder radeon, sound blaster live

More about : guys 7vtxh

December 12, 2001 2:35:35 PM

I just set one up last night and all went well. Here's the other stuff...

Athlon XP 1600+ processor
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM ATA133/100 Hard drive
ATI Radeon 7500 Video Card
OCZ PC2400 256MB DDR x 2 Memory
Pioneer 16x DVD Drive(master)
Sony 12x Burner(slave)
Antec Workstation Tower case

Basically everything installed with a breeze. It also recognized my Memory as latency 2. After installing Windows 2K, service pack 2, sound drivers, and video drivers, it rebooted fine and hummed along nicely. I then ran some SiSoft Sandra Benchmark tests and was pretty pleased.

Now here comes the cool part with this gigabyte board. It comes with EasyTune III software for the pc, and Mainboard Monitoring software(like the cpu temp and fan speed). The EasyTune software will let you test overclocking through a windows interface. If you are happy with the results, you then can save that back to the bios, pretty nice :) 

Right now, i've got my processer running as a Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1.53Ghz. It seems to be going fine, but i've only had it for a day now.

Would I recommend the board, sure it seems good. I've only had it for a day though, heh. Basically off of newegg.com, you can get it for $110, so definitely worth the money.

One of the reasons I liked this board was it has good sound quality built in, and has a on board Realtek 10/100 Lan chip. I'm not someone who needs massive surround sound or anything, so their sound chip is more than I need. It's a Creative PCI 128 chip.

Hope some of this helps...
December 12, 2001 3:44:49 PM

<b>jflongo~</b> Glad to see you got and like this board (after I recommended it to you). My brother has had his up and running for over a month now - without any problems. While it isn't the overclocker that the Epox 8KHA+ is, IMO it's far more stable, and with those cool included options you mentioned, it's a winner (BTW, you didn't mention its dual BIOS - which is a neat safety feature)!

<b>dan537c~</b> No question that the GA-7VTXH's features are nice, but the Gigabyte's real strength is its stability. As I've said, the Epox is a much better overclocker and a somewhat faster board, so it's really a matter of which 'virtues' are more important to you.

<b>God bless the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue></b>
Related resources
December 12, 2001 4:21:10 PM

check out the GA-7DXR+ ... make sure the plus is there. has ata133 for promise controller only and has q-flash.. i have no idea what that is? gigabyte boards continues on with it's features it's mind boggling how they get the board to work!

it's at www.giga-byte.com

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
December 12, 2001 4:23:29 PM

the ga-7dxr+ has usb 2.01

2 x USB 1.1 ports on board, 2 x USB 1.1 and 4 x USB 2.0 ports by cable!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xxsk8er101xx on 12/12/01 01:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
December 12, 2001 7:34:36 PM

While USB 2.0 would be nice to have (don't need/want RAID), it's most curious that Gigabyte has chosen to enhance their AMD760 board rather than their KT266A. The latter is a not only a superior performer, the former chipset is being discontinued by AMD!
December 12, 2001 7:53:43 PM

ya i don't know. unless gigabyte knows something we don't. perhaps they can simply pop in the VIA chip on the way? i don't know.

also that is fairly new. I was at the gigabyte site the other day and that wasn't there. So perhaps they are still working on the website or some minor adjustments ya know? who knows...

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
!