Can someone help me with my BIOS?

G

All that I want to do is enable 4x agp. When i go into my bios(phoenix technologies), there is no chipset configuration menu at all. its all basic [-peep-]. what do i have to do to turn off this "idiot proof" bios menu to get full access? this is driving me insane. please dont tell me to flash my bios, i'm afraid i'll srew over my pc. also, i've tried using nvmax and the geforce tweaker to move it to 4x, but my SandraSoft utility keeps telling me that its currently at 2x, but the max is 4x.

My system:
HP Pavillion 1.1ghz
256mb SDRAM
Asus V7 KT133 VIA based mobo latest 4in1's and agp 4.10 drivers
GeForce2 32mb GTS

thank you.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm going to make an educated guess. I could be wrong though.

The bios that comes with your HP Pavilion is probably a proprietary one so that the average Joe can't screw anything up. My old Dell for example had basically no settings that I could change in the bios.

You might be SOL. HOWEVER, what I would do if I were you is go to HP's site and I'm sure they have a forum. Those that know best would be there.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
my dads hp, you can just basically do the simple stuff...it sucks.
like i cant even make it use more ram for the video.
whatever tho....
that doesnt help you much.
i think you are pretty much stuck...because hp makes their computers idiot proof...so that they dont have to do much bios troubleshooting..
because their tech support, along with most others, is just a script that they read off a computer screen....and they dont want to have to deal with you changing settings in the bios.
there MAY be a bios out there that you can flash it with, but i dont know, beause of HP's proprietary stuff...
sorry that there is not much of an option here....blame HP

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-