Sign in with
Your question

Can you replace the graphics card in this

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 12:47:26 AM

it does not specify on the slots on the motherboard, but the case has no expansions ports on the back, which would lead me to believe that no, you would not be able to expand that computer with a discrete card. If you could find out whether or not it has a pciex16 slot and it does, you would still need a different case to expand in.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 3:01:59 AM

DM186 said:
I wouldn't get a compaq. They have a lot of ishues. Hey for the that money you could go to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com and get a lot better computer than that one. Then you would know if you could up grade your GPU. Just my two cents worth and good luck

I concur but to build your own. By the time you get a discrete gpu, power supply and a new case your price will double on that pc. You could build a budget gaming rig for around 500 bux and be much happier. That pc you linked if ita for gaming, is very weak even if you upgrade the graphics card.
m
l
December 5, 2011 3:33:49 AM

Want a computer that can play today's games at average settings for around $300?

Athlon 2 x2 250
Foxconn 880G motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1 GB
4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Dynex 400w PSU
Cheap 1TB HDD (take your pick)
Cheap Case (take your pick)

And I guarantee that this rig will play Crysis on high at about 30 fps and run circles around that piece of shite you posted a link to.

Enjoy :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 3:56:24 AM

PCgamer81 said:
Want a computer that can play today's games at average settings for around $300?

Athlon 2 x2 250
Foxconn 880G motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1 GB
4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Dynex 400w PSU
Cheap 1TB HDD (take your pick)
Cheap Case (take your pick)

And I guarantee that this rig will play Crysis on high at about 30 fps and run circles around that piece of shite you posted a link to.

Enjoy :) 

I highly recommend you research parts before recommending them.... The dynex 400w is a pile of *** and during reviews exploded on the reviewers.
He also will need an operating system if building his own.
m
l
December 5, 2011 8:13:33 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
I highly recommend you research parts before recommending them.... The dynex 400w is a pile of *** and during reviews exploded on the reviewers.
He also will need an operating system if building his own.

83%
of customers would recommend this product to a friend
(45 out of 54)

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8311052/dynex-400-watt-...

Rated 4 out of 5 stars (customer reviews)

OP: The dynex 400w is a good PSU (for the money). You will need an OS, though.

FlintIronStagg: I know the dynex is not a good PSU (by our standards), but you get what you pay for and I am just trying to give him a CHEAP alternative.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 2:27:28 PM

PCgamer81 said:
83%
of customers would recommend this product to a friend
(45 out of 54)

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8311052/dynex-400-watt-...

Rated 4 out of 5 stars (customer reviews)

OP: The dynex 400w is a good PSU (for the money). You will need an OS, though.

FlintIronStagg: I know the dynex is not a good PSU (by our standards), but you get what you pay for and I am just trying to give him a CHEAP alternative.

theres a difference in giving him a cheap alternative and recommending him a total pile of crap. a cheap alternative would be a good quality psu at a good price, such as the antech EW380w or 430w.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 12:25:19 AM

Both of you are right. We should advise a better System and hardwear for people to choose from but from what I see is if he buys that comcrap that dynex 400w PSU would be better than what would be in the comcrap.

We should always recommend quality hardwear, but again if they are on a tight budget and they can't get a quality peace of hardware then they should be given the choice of Good or med good. Along with pointing out the good and bad.

So PcGamer81 In recommending that hardwear you should of stated on the scale of 1 to 10 where that would be but I also understand you are trying to help him get a better system than the comcrap.

FlintIronStagg is right in first recommending the best stuff out there because I wouldn't want someone to sell me on crap when there is better. I would like a person to tell me both and then I would make up my mind.

I tell people when I see them asking questions about getting a gtx550 ti and I warn them because I have two of them and feel they are crap. Sorry this is so long I will shut up now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 2:50:45 AM

DM186 said:
Both of you are right. We should advise a better System and hardwear for people to choose from but from what I see is if he buys that comcrap that dynex 400w PSU would be better than what would be in the comcrap.

We should always recommend quality hardwear, but again if they are on a tight budget and they can't get a quality peace of hardware then they should be given the choice of Good or med good. Along with pointing out the good and bad.

So PcGamer81 In recommending that hardwear you should of stated on the scale of 1 to 10 where that would be but I also understand you are trying to help him get a better system than the comcrap.

FlintIronStagg is right in first recommending the best stuff out there because I wouldn't want someone to sell me on crap when there is better. I would like a person to tell me both and then I would make up my mind.

I tell people when I see them asking questions about getting a gtx550 ti and I warn them because I have two of them and feel they are crap. Sorry this is so long I will shut up now.

I recommend what I think is best for the money, not a cheap pile because money is tight. If op cant afford a system with reliable components he should then save up more money and wait and do more research towards his system.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 4:33:32 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
I recommend what I think is best for the money, not a cheap pile because money is tight. If op cant afford a system with reliable components he should then save up more money and wait and do more research towards his system.

I agree with you on what you just stated. You are right and that is the way it should be. But some people have opinions and what you and I think is oneway they think it is another. But I do agree with what you are doing.
m
l
December 6, 2011 10:43:12 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
theres a difference in giving him a cheap alternative and recommending him a total pile of crap. a cheap alternative would be a good quality psu at a good price, such as the antech EW380w or 430w.

Some people may not agree with you that the Dynex is a total pile of crap, at least not for the money. Especially seeing as he is already in the market for low quality hardware.

You are getting awfully aggressive with your own opinions and your own values.

Settle down.
m
l
December 6, 2011 10:49:00 AM

Another thing.

When I make recommendations, I speak from experience. I don't just google cheap parts and cut and paste them on a thread.

Here is the very same rig I recommended, being used by someone I know on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZRWbgcWO0

I switched in the Dynex as a personal recommendation, as I think they are good PSUs for the money.

Other than that, this is basically the same rig I recommended.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 12:41:53 PM

PCgamer81 said:
Some people may not agree with you that the Dynex is a total pile of crap, at least not for the money. Especially seeing as he is already in the market for low quality hardware.

You are getting awfully aggressive with your own opinions and your own values.

Settle down.

Aggressive? I don't know what you are referring to. That same psu exploded on the reviewersat hardware secrets on 3 different occasions and couldn't finish the tests because of such. It is the same crap psu huntsman has put out for a while with different names.
I still would recommend op research systems for himself and save to buy something better than going with either the Compaq pile or the extremely dated/ explosive rig you have linked. I understand you were trying to find something comparable to the price of the other rig, but saving a bit of money and getting something even better would in the end last a bit longer before an another upgrade would be needed
m
l
December 6, 2011 2:33:56 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
Aggressive? I don't know what you are referring to. That same psu exploded on the reviewersat hardware secrets on 3 different occasions and couldn't finish the tests because of such. It is the same crap psu huntsman has put out for a while with different names.
I still would recommend op research systems for himself and save to buy something better than going with either the Compaq pile or the extremely dated/ explosive rig you have linked. I understand you were trying to find something comparable to the price of the other rig, but saving a bit of money and getting something even better would in the end last a bit longer before an another upgrade would be needed

Hey man, I agree with you 100%.

That rig I listed is a piece of crap. But you know what? It's cheap, and not everyone wants the best. I do, and you do as well, obviously. But this guy is obviously on a tight budget, and my youtube friend is doing really well with the very same rig I recommended.

Sorry for getting a little flustered with you earlier, but I really didn't understand why you tried to correct me. I made that recommendation out of what knowledge and experience I have on the subject, and having seen the Dynex PSU at Best Buy (which is where the PC he posted is from), and having not heard bad things about it - I figured I would recommend it. It did get good reviews by people who own it.

I know you may not agree with me, but I hope you at least see my point.
m
l
!