HELP! My screen is distorted!

Hello!

I have a Compaq PC with a Compaq 19" monitor and that I've been using for
years. I've always had it set at 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution.

Recently,and very randomly, the pixels on my screen started to stretch
horizontally in the middle of the screen, and the pixels compact on the left
and right sides. I did nothing to the driver or anything. It just happened
randomly.

If I switch to 1600 x 1200, everything is fine again (it's all
proportionate, etc.). However, I prefer the way I had it better and would
like to know how I can get it back to that way without distortion.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I'm using Windows XP.

My email is BrooklynBoySiX6@aol.com. Thank you very much!

null

~Laney B.! wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a Compaq PC with a Compaq 19" monitor and that I've been using for
> years. I've always had it set at 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution.
>
> Recently,and very randomly, the pixels on my screen started to stretch
> horizontally in the middle of the screen, and the pixels compact on the left
> and right sides. I did nothing to the driver or anything. It just happened
> randomly.
>
> If I switch to 1600 x 1200, everything is fine again (it's all
> proportionate, etc.). However, I prefer the way I had it better and would
> like to know how I can get it back to that way without distortion.
>
> Does anyone know what could be the problem? I'm using Windows XP.
>
> My email is BrooklynBoySiX6@aol.com. Thank you very much!

It could be the video card or the monitor, or even a virus. Also, the
refresh rate set on the video card may be more than the monitor can
handle. You could also try downloading/installing any new drivers for
the video card, and doing a virus scan.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.