I appreciate that but it didnt work. This is driving me crazy :eek:

--
tired170

Hi, Tired.

This might be a job for...System File Checker!

At the Run prompt, type: sfc /scannow

SFC will compare each WinXP operating system file with the "known good" copy
held in your on-disk cache and replace any missing or damaged ones. Have
your WinXP CD-ROM handy; SFC might need to see that. You may also need your
SP2 CD, or know where on your HD you may have copied its files.

You HAVE installed SP2 haven't you? Msconfig.exe was a part of the original
WinXP back in October 2001; it was updated in SP2 by a new version of that
file dated 8/4/04 (158,208 bytes). If you haven't updated to SP2, be sure
to visit Windows Update and do that as soon as you can.

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder Ramesh pointed out
(\Windows\PCHealth\HealthCtr\Binaries) and see if you have a file named
msconfig.exe. If so, click on it and see if it will execute.

If you have SP2, you should be able to navigate to
C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\I386 and find msconfig.exe there, too. If SFC
didn't work for you, copy this file to the ...\Binaries folder. Then try
again by entering "msconfig" in Start | Run.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX