Sign in with
Your question

Logitech G510 or the SideWinder X6

Last response: in Video Games
December 5, 2011 12:38:02 AM

I am debating between the Logitech G510 gaming keyboard and microsoft SideWinder X6. Which one is better in your opinion? Which is better for gaming? Which one would you recommend? There is a sale on newegg going on for the Logitech G510 so its $88 now so is it worth the price?
December 5, 2011 3:54:13 AM

In every aspect the G510 is a better keyboard than the X6. The X6 looks a bit different, but the G510's LCD display (for stats, times, timers, info, etc.) and customizable backlight system looks and works simply better than the X6's. The X6 is also huge, a little too large in my opinion, and you need larger hands and takes longer to get used to than the G510. Also, the G510's software that's included in the bundle (Logitech SetPoint I think if I remember correctly from my G500 mouse is A LOT more user friendly than the MS software, my friend has the X6 and the software was a bitch to use compared to SetPoint).

In short: The G510 is more or less the best Logitech keyboard (and basically any brand) you can buy without going overboard. The G19 is epic as well, but requires an external power supply to run properly. Unfortunately.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 5, 2011 4:43:19 AM

Logitech uses the Logitech Gaming Software for their keyboards, not SetPoint. The LGS is a lot better than SetPoint. It gives you both macroing abilities and Lua scripting abilities that allow for the ability to script things that simple macroing doesn't.

I'd also say the Logitech Keyboard would be better, but I did move away from my Logitech Mouse in favor of the MS Sidewinder x8 (it's a mouse).
m
l
Related resources
December 5, 2011 4:54:50 AM

bystander said:
Logitech uses the Logitech Gaming Software for their keyboards, not SetPoint.

Did not know. You think LGS will function with my G500 (mouse) instead of SetPoint? I'm at work, so I can't check now... :??: 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 5, 2011 4:57:33 AM

Toxxyc said:
Did not know. You think LGS will function with my G500 (mouse) instead of SetPoint? I'm at work, so I can't check now... :??: 

The G400 does, I'm not sure about the G500. Basically, the G400 was the first Logitech mouse to use the LGS, and they have added to that with a couple new mice. I don't believe the older mice can use it.

EDIT: I just looked it up on the Logitech site, and it is a SetPoint operated mouse. The G400 might be the only mouse currently to use LGS, but don't get overly excited as it still doesn't allow for Lua scripting.
m
l
December 5, 2011 6:29:43 AM

bystander said:
EDIT: I just looked it up on the Logitech site, and it is a SetPoint operated mouse. The G400 might be the only mouse currently to use LGS, but don't get overly excited as it still doesn't allow for Lua scripting.

Eh. Fair enough then. It's not too bad using SetPoint, the only thing bothering me is the application detection on the software. It's supposed to switch profiles according to the .exe's you open, but it won't work unless it's the actual .exe file and just a shortcut. I just wish they'd bloodywell fix that issue. Currently I'm switching across profiles like a madman when switching between the games I'm playing :/ 
m
l
!