Gaming console with Keyboard Mouse comb ?

davey boy

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hi Folks
Heres a quick one for you.Re Gaming consoles.

Is there one out there that has a input for a keyboard / mouse combo as i do all
my gaming on Pc's but would like to know if there is such a beast out there ? and if
so soes anyone have experience with it

Thanks

Dav ;) e

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=xbox+360+keyboard+and+mouse&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1344&bih=650&wrapid=tlif132310895628410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13570877210595595577&sa=X&ei=dwrdTq2DNZC5tge8493sAQ&ved=0CGQQ8wIwAA#

"Max Shooter is a unique adapter that allows you to use a PS2 controller, or a keyboard and mouse on your Xbox 360. You will be able enjoy First Person Shooters (or any other games where precision targeting is important) the way they are meant to be played."

Now i cannot tell you about game control compatibility as i have never tried it myself. And frankly on a console a controller would just plain be a better option.
PS_ they also make one from the same company for PS3

hairystuff

Distinguished
I've used the adapter as mentioned by steimy and they work with pretty much every game on the 360, I would definately recommend it (it won't let you use the keyboard as a full keyboard, just for gaming input as the interface only emulates the controller and maps the controls off).

davey boy

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks folks
I do like the idea of using a mouse / keyboard combo as the times i have tries using the supplied controller
on my friends console i really could not get the hang of them :cry: and the game play was verging on useless
Must be all the time i have spent gaming on pc's

Now just need to find someone close by who has one i can try a keyboard with
Thanks guys

Dav ;) e

well the funny thing is and I'm sure majority will agree with me that an average mouse & kb player on PC will have easy time destroying a veteran controller player in an fps. I do know there's some degree of "being used to" using one or the other, but once you get set in one way, the alternative just feels so unnatural and inferior.

I feel your problem, I remember when I went to college a lot of people would invite me to play some fps (halo was big back then) and they'd give me an xbox controller, I'd do terribly and it would be laughable, but I always told them - "Hey, give me a mouse and keyboard and I'll see who'd be laughing then"

davey boy

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Guys
Will this mouse / keyboard combo really work with the likes of MW3 and BF3 ? if im correct there was a xbox 360 deal where u get
the xbox and MW3 combined for like $280

Dav;)e

prometheOZ

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
In the same boat. Looking for the best XBox + mouse / keyboard setup.
I'm considering "eagle eye" from http://www.penguinunited.com/

There is a list of supported keyboard / mouse. Which is very important to me, since customizing the key mapping is the main advantage and preference of controls.